NEED HELP PICKING OUT A HOLA ! ! !

jefflrrp

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys and gals.

I'm getting a new Surefire G3 :twothumbs for myself as a holiday present. I really like my G2 and 6PL, so I figure its time to add another SF to my growing list of tac-lights.

Im getting about ten extra batteries, the SC1 carrier, and another P90 lamp. My question is -- what other 9v lamps are out there that will work in a G3, give out more lumens and have an hour runtime? Like, will certain Lumens Factory lamps work in a G3? Which? And for those of you who use the P91 -- do you like it. How long before the P91 goes :poof:?

I need your help please

Thanks

merlocka

Enlightened
You should have a read of this:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/161536

While it's targeted for lithium compatibility, it also provides a wealth of info on the various bulb configurations and their estimated "torch" lumen output over the battery charge.

Based on using my 9P with P91/P90/HO-9/EO-9, I'd say the guide is spot-on.

The EO-9 can look brighter than the P91 in some instances due to the tighter hotspot, but the P91 is definitely dumping out more light. It's a monster. A P91 on 2 18500's or 18650's is a real treat.

However, the P91 will eat you up if you aren't using rechargeables. It really tears through 3 CR123's quick.

If I had to use primaries, I'd probably stick with the P90 and keep the hour runtime.