1 Cell Extenders for Surefire Lights.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Have you guys had any problems using one cell extenders on your Surefires? Any issues, especially with output and water-resistence? If so, please mention if it was an A19 extender or a different model.

Here's the idea that's kicking around in my head....

An extender on a 6P, so I can use a P91 lamp. But still have the option of using a P60 simply by unscrewing the extender. (I've got three P60s).

Good idea, or should I just get a 9P?

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get the cell extender!!
Its a lot cheaper and a very nice option....if you have an M3/L6 body, add the cell extander and KT4 turbhead for 12v M4.

i have one on my 6P right now and love it!

donn_

Flashaholic
I'm currently running a TNC Detonator extender on a Surefire Lego. Here's a photo when it was on a 6PD:

6PD_6PD-Stretch01.jpg

These days, it's on a 9P, with a SS bezel and Leef McClicky tailcap, running 2x 17670 cells and a Malkoff M60 drop-in. Very strong light.

006-2.jpg

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I'm currently running a TNC Detonator extender on a Surefire Lego....

Have you experienced any problems at all, in terms of output and reliability?

EDIT:

Great pics, BTW.

Last edited:

donn_

Flashaholic
No problems at all. The TNC Detonator is very well made, and IIRC, it's even coated inside, like SF's. I've run SF incans and 3 different LED drop-ins in the various combinations, and had no trouble with them.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
No problems at all. The TNC Detonator is very well made, and IIRC, it's even coated inside, like SF's. I've run SF incans and 3 different LED drop-ins in the various combinations, and had no trouble with them.

Thanks for the quick reply. :)