Surefire LED upgrades FROM SF!!

Shagbd

Newly Enlightened
Has everyone seen these already?
seem vastly underpowered in todays competitive market...

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd estimate there's about 15 threads currently running about these.

Underpowered by whose estimates? Surefire's truthful output numbers or another companies deceitful output numbers?

-dan

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Underpowered by whose estimates? Surefire's truthful output numbers or another companies deceitful output numbers?

-dan

While some companies may over estimate their output, there are plenty of lights on the market pushing Cree Q5's to 1A or higher resulting in about 200 lumens coming out of the front of their lights.

Surefire is only offering around 100 lumens from their high powered LED lights, and because they usually are conservative some of their lights maybe putting out as much as 140 lumens. It's pretty obvious that many of their LED lights aren't driving the LED's as hard as they could be, and they may have good reason. There's nothing wrong with Surefire going for run time, LED life, etc, over maximum output. However, it is accurate to say they are underpowered compared to the competition. However, SF has a lot of other things going for them. It would be nice to see them offer some high power LED modules, or something. I'm waiting for them to make something I can put on my E2e that would give me 150+ lumens, with an LED.

Last edited: