what happened to the L1T V2

tslrc

Newly Enlightened
Any chance they are pulling them to make them brighter, as others, including myself, would like? I didn't see them on Lighthound, but not sure if they ever had them, but Fenix Tactical still has them listed.

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought some new version of both the L1T and L2T was supposed to be coming out this January? Or maybe I'm confusing these lights with some other ones.

tslrc

Newly Enlightened
You're right, they are called the L1T V2(version 2) and L2T V2.

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got mine from Lighthound a few days ago, and it sold out two days afterwards.

These are probably being snatched up for presents and such with xmas coming up.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Fenix had trouble sourcing the forward clickie, and further productions shipments were delayed until January.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm sad... I knew they were out till jan, but hopefully they will be back soon (with rebel 100's!!). Otherwise my choice between G2L and L2Tv2 will be made for me :(

di.corp

Newly Enlightened
which one is the brighter one..? Cree Q5 or Rebel 100..?

on other think i hope you guys can help me with.. the SureFire G2L gives 80lum.. and Rebel100 can give up to 200lum.. but do they measurer the same way..?

raider12

Newly Enlightened
I was going to ask the same question since I was looking to buy the L2T V2.0.
Even if they were backordered, you would think both Fenix Store and Lighthound would leave the information on their sites. They didn't, they pulled it completely.

Shagbd

Newly Enlightened
i was just looking for it today on lighthound, i emailed them, and they said they are discontinued with a new model coming out next year

Monocrom

Flashaholic
on other think i hope you guys can help me with.. the SureFire G2L gives 80lum.. and Rebel100 can give up to 200lum.. but do they measurer the same way..?

Nope!

Surefire measures their lumens out the front. Fenix, along with most of the industry, measures lumen output at the emitter.... before the head is attached. Emitter lumens are always higher than those measured out the front. With Surefire, you know you are getting all 80 lumens, possibly a bit more. With Fenix, subtract 1/3 from the claimed lumens the light puts out; and you'll get a more realistic number with regards to output.

di.corp

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the information Monocrom..

now that I know this.. I can't see why not to buy a SureFire L1.. btw.. do you know where I can get a Milky ML1 drop-in..?

Marduke

Flashaholic
Nope!

Surefire measures their lumens out the front. Fenix, along with most of the industry, measures lumen output at the emitter.... before the head is attached. Emitter lumens are always higher than those measured out the front. With Surefire, you know you are getting all 80 lumens, possibly a bit more. With Fenix, subtract 1/3 from the claimed lumens the light puts out; and you'll get a more realistic number with regards to output.

160 is still 2x 80

Peter Atwood

Enlightened
I bought a couple for Christmas gifts a month ago. This is the main light that I have been EDCing for the past several months and I love it. Simple two stage and bright enough for everything I need. And reasonably priced enough that I would not cry if I lost it. I hope they are coming out with an improved version with the same simple two stage set up.

spica

Newly Enlightened
"I hope they are coming out with an improved version with the same simple two stage set up."

Exactly! :thumbsup: Paul

Monocrom

Flashaholic
To: di.corp ~

Sorry, can't help you with regards to the drop-in.

To: Marduke ~

I never said 160 doesn't equal 2x80. I only posted a factual response to how Fenix and Surefire measure lumen output.