I Don't Believe It!!!!!!!

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saturday my wife and I were headed to a computer store here in Raleigh, and on the way, I decided to go by a place called Batteries Plus. They carry several Streamlight flashlights and normally have a good selection of them. I walk in the door and start looking at the Streamlights and I look down, and low and behold...
There it is!!!...
The elusive...
Previously unexistant...
The Holy Grail of inexpensive flashlights..
The Rayovac 3C 4 watt flashlight!!!
The Sportsman Extreme!!
I had given up all hope of getting one of these and there it was! I found it when I was no longer looking for it! For those of you living in the Raleigh, NC area, this is the Batteries Plus off of Atlantic Ave. They have other stores so if any of you are interested in this flashlight, I would give them a call. They are selling it for $ 29.99. We went for a walk this eve and I gave it its first test, and all I can say is WOW! It is made pretty well, not solid enough to bang someone over the head with it in self defense, but I am really impressed! Now if I can get my hands on those two Energizer flashlights that are being sold at some Sam's Club stores, I will be set in lights for the rest of the year!!:twothumbs

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool! Glad you got your hands on one. If I had to use one for self defense, it may break, but I'd still hit someone over the head as hard as I could if the situation called for it. :)

Patriot

Flashaholic
Glad that you finally bumped into them. I don't own any, but they always seemed to be a pretty good deal as an all around work light or storm light.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those who have Meijer stores in their area this light is on sale for $21 and something,don't remember the exact amount.At least this was the case at the Mansfield, OH store.No I didn't buy one:broke::mecry:

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Good find, mikekoz. I just might have to go check out the Cary store tomorrow. Not sure whether I'm more interested in the Rayovac or the Task Force 2C.

Geoff

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good find, mikekoz. I just might have to go check out the Cary store tomorrow. Not sure whether I'm more interested in the Rayovac or the Task Force 2C.

Geoff

Well.....I have both...and I think I like the ROV a little better! You know you are eventually going to get both anyway!!!!:devil::whistle:

Mike

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Yeah, I gave up trying to find that light too. Then I heard about the 2C Cree-based Task Force model. The nearest Lowes isn't actually that near to me. Checked it a few times, gave up. Then two days ago, there it was! I bought one! Still don't have the Rayovac model.... but that's okay. I'm happy with the Task Force. :twothumbs