Deal extreme delayed order? some products shipped.

MstrHnky

Enlightened
long story short, i ordered a flashlight, batteries and a charger from dealextreme.com ~november 30th.
i got an email saying my order had shipped, and verified that the hong kong post shipped my order on december 6th.
today, i get an email apologizing for the delay in fulfilling my order and that i can cancel my order if i want.

looking on the website, the battery and charger both say, in stock - available for immediate shipment. the light says, "typically ships in 2-3 business days.

my guess is that i will receive a package with the batteries and charger, but no flashlight.

between this and my JetBeam CL-E v2 being delayed for 3 weeks from bugoutgearusa.com (not their fault), i have the worst luck for a noob. i guess that's what i get for trying to save a few bucks.

moon lander

Enlightened
Dont worry about it, thats normal. DX often splits up the shipment so the in-stock items dont wait for the back-ordered ones. DX is good to their customers, so dont worry about getting burned. Shipping, however, is very slow, so its best to place an order and then completely forget about it. Then in 3-4 weeks you get a very pleasant suprise in the mail.

steed77

Newly Enlightened
Yea. that is typical. I too have had a few orders split up. Just hang in...they will show :thumbsup:

Khaytsus

Enlightened
Business as usual. When you order from DX, you'll eventually get most of your items. The rest will never be in stock and they'll email you to cancel them.

I think the minimum is about 3 weeks, I've waited as long as 5.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depends, I've ordered thing like that before, and they waited till one of the item in stock before shipped out everything.

My last order got here 10 days after I placed order, during christmas season nonetheless (3 days to ship and 7 days in transit), probably a record.

MstrHnky

Enlightened
Shipping, however, is very slow, so its best to place an order and then completely forget about it. Then in 3-4 weeks you get a very pleasant suprise in the mail.

i'm not worried about not getting my items. i just want the light. badly.

i am the type of person who checks shipping status 10x a day, even though i know nothing will change. i am waiting on my DX package, my jetbeam from bugoutgeausa, the new cd/dvd/calendar from dave matthews band, and most importantly, my xbox 360 repair from microsoft.

it'll be cool when i start getting these things in the mail, but waiting is the hardest part... thanks tom petty.

Yenster

Newly Enlightened
i am the type of person who checks shipping status 10x a day, even though i know nothing will change.

Oh then you really picked a bad site to buy flashlights. DX is notoriously slow at everything. If your flashlight said "Typically ships in 2 - 3 business days" then you should expect it to ship in 4 - 10 business days. And if you open a support ticket....(well you'll see). And if you decide to cancel your order after waiting 30 days without shipping, then be ready to wait even more for a refund. They'll say that it will be refunded within 3 days....well I'm on 6 days and opened a Paypal dispute...and ready to escalate to a 'claim' tomorrow.

Good luck with your order (you're going to need it).

MstrHnky

Enlightened
And if you open a support ticket....(well you'll see).

i opened a support ticket that asked which of my 3 items shipped. nothing else. not that i should expect a response, apparently. :)

Davyd

Newly Enlightened
Thanks all tha has been a useful discussion

I have been getting frustrated at no show for SKU 6162 MTE Rebel and related items ordered 13 November. I have had later orders arrive already - piece by piece

Phaetos

Enlightened
I have an order I placed on Nov. 23 that I'm still waiting to get out of "processing". Though I spent a week in tickets arguing the price of the EMS shipping on my order to the US. I gave up and paid for it. A few days later I get an email that says my order is delayed due to stock problems, order should ship in 3 days. It's been another week since that email and no update. I have had 3 tickets open to them and to their credit, they have been responding accordingly. Just wish my order would fill, Christmas isn't far off and my entire gift giving in is that order :poke:.

Akita

Newly Enlightened
I had an LED bike light and a C2 back ordered for something like two months...showed up yesterday.

DX shipping is slow,but DX is quick to refund on items that have long delivery times or discontinued items no longer in stock.If you don't cancel the back ordered item when they send you an email they assume you're willing to wait :>)

So,two months for a back ordered item to show up in your mail is not that unreasonable from my experience.

No complaints here...their prices and variety are worth the wait.

:grin2::grin2:

Phaetos

Enlightened
Hope mine don't take 2 months. As I said up there ^^^^^, Christmas gifts. :sigh:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
i am the type of person who checks shipping status 10x a day, even though i know nothing will change.

youre not alone...
i ordered last week tuesday, by friday most of it had cleared and was shipping...except for the out of stock stuff.
I have been waiting on the white tritium keyrings for i think a month or so now, along with my P4....strangely my p4 is supposed to be in stock....
It will take awhile, but it will get to you.. essentially,the monetary value of the waiting time is roughly equilivant to the amount in $ you save on the item...

i guess we need to try and be understanding, DX provides affordable stuff for us, so they are most probably swamped with orders this close to christmas, im sure they are doing what they can....

Crenshaw

Last edited:

Yenster

Newly Enlightened
DX shipping is slow,but DX is quick to refund on items that have long delivery times or discontinued items no longer in stock.
Not so quick on the refund either. I was told it would be refunded within 3 days....yet 6 days later and still not there. This is the first site that I had to send a Paypal dispute.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I had 1 order split into 3 shipments. After 3 weeks of waiting all the items showed up one day after another! Kind of funny really.

MstrHnky

Enlightened
i am waiting on my DX package, my jetbeam from bugoutgeausa, the new cd/dvd/calendar from dave matthews band, and most importantly, my xbox 360 repair from microsoft.

the packages are rolling now...

dmb package will be here tuesday or wednesday.
360 will be here by friday at the latest.
jetbeam SHOULD ship out this week and arrive friday, or possibly monday/tuesday of next week (just a guess if they arrive to BOG today or tomorrow).
dx order (batteries and charger) arrive ~dec 15th
dx order (wf-600 Q5) sometime before 2009... i hope.

flashlite

Enlightened
I received the same email over the weekend but their site now says my order is "packaged". I ordered the Romisen MXDL RC-G2 on 12/3 when Dealextreme still listed it as in stock. It now says it's backordered, which I guess I should have expected. I saw that Romisen MXDL RC-G2 thread too late, presumably after many CPF'ers already ordered a bunch.

Phaetos

Enlightened
Just got an email today that everything was packed and shipped. Got the numbers and all, but of course it doesn't register in the system yet. It's on the way, maybe for my birthday Friday:thumbsup:

IdiotsAbound

Newly Enlightened
I received the same email over the weekend but their site now says my order is "packaged". I ordered the Romisen MXDL RC-G2 on 12/3 when Dealextreme still listed it as in stock. It now says it's backordered, which I guess I should have expected. I saw that Romisen MXDL RC-G2 thread too late, presumably after many CPF'ers already ordered a bunch.

KaiDomain's site says both the gray and black RC-G2s are in stock. I ordered 2 black ones from them last month and got them in Canada 3 weeks later.