Looking for a decent 1 AA Cree light

dannyduke

Newly Enlightened
1 click, no throw- just flood (regulated is a +). Anyone know where to look ?

quatra2008

Newly Enlightened
target has a river rock 1aa cree for 25 bucks. it is a good light for the money. puts out about 40 lumens and has a one level rear clicky. it isnt listed on their website though i found mine when i actually went to the store.

Schuey2002

Enlightened
There's also the Lumapower LM31. While it does have low/high (with two clicks), it's pretty floody for a CREE light. . . . with some throw to boot.. ;)

Last edited:

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lighthound has L1's in stock.

edit - posted in wrong thread, but what the heck.

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
LM 31 all the way! $27 from batteryjunction with Cpf discount. It is regulated! Simple quality clicky Low-hi-off. Glass lens op Al reflector glow switch boot, very very nice. Lots more flood than throw, and if u need more flood than that put in a Ucl with LDF.

Last edited:

CheviotMike

Newly Enlightened
I have the Lumapower LM31 and like it, except that low power does not work. I have to do two clicks to get only one light level -- high. Are there any similar flashlights that actually work correctly?

CheviotMike
http://mstecker.com

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
What battery are you using? If you use a regular AA primary and it doesn't work sent it in for a replacement! Don't keep a bad light.

Last edited:

dannyduke

Newly Enlightened
Thanks a lot for all the infos !

Just went to Target in town. It doesn't have the 1AA River Rock cree (just the luxeon version for $22). All other recommended lights are way pricey for me, the non-flashaholic.

I decided to place an order for a bunch of SafeLights from Wit'End, he has a good deal now. (http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=172187)
One for myself, the others for xmas gifts. The light has no reflector- just the led bulb so it would be no throw. Hope it has an efficient brightness or I'll be looking for the 1AA again

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Not Cree, but the MTE SSc P4 1-AA light (DX SKU 1995) has mostly flood beam (no distinct spot after a few feet).

Of course the clickie is suspect and I've made mine a front twisty.

But it IS a pretty bright sucker!

riversedge

Newly Enlightened
target has a river rock 1aa cree for 25 bucks. it is a good light for the money. puts out about 40 lumens and has a one level rear clicky. it isnt listed on their website though i found mine when i actually went to the store.
I wanna see this...:popcorn:

Latest posts