Heavy Weight Fans

aljsk8

Enlightened
for small edc sized led flashlights who prefers heavy weight

notice "edc size" - not necessarily that you would edc them

i love all the brass, stainless steel, titanium stuff

the rest of these flashlights feel like an aero - not so much yummy solid chocolate but just air

70g or more for a single cell light

is anyone with me??

dulridge

Enlightened
I like the heft - I used to wander around Edinburgh with a 5x4 camera and a couple of tripods that weighed just about as much as I did. However, that was 25 years ago.

Hefty cameras have their uses, my Nikon F2 has been dropped off a motorcycle at about 75mph, and even once dropped out of an aircraft. It still works fine and has never been repaired. Try that with a plastic camera! Pity about the costs of using film these days...

However, while I appreciate the heft, these days if I have to carry it, the lighter the better. The heaviest light I'd contemplate hauling around with me (If I didn't expect to need it) these days would be an 18650/2x123 light. The heavy stuff can stay in the car till it's needed and the lighter stuff will let me find the car.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
What is the peak model that is fully SS pocket body twisty and runs on 1X123 with a seoul P4 led? I think I need one of those today!

Last edited:

aljsk8

Enlightened
Marnav1 - what SS & brass do you own? could you list your collection

dad is the master of heavy weight
his collections are awesome

dad - have you seen what fred is making me? do you like it?

also as you know a bit a bout peaks
if i wanted a bright AA size peak - what combo should i go for?

thanks

Alex

dad - have you seen what fred is making me? do you like it?

No, I haven't. But if the Fred you're talking about is PhotonFanatic, I'm sure it's going to be excellent.

also as you know a bit a bout peaks
if i wanted a bright AA size peak - what combo should i go for?

I'd go for the Peak Pacific with AA body. Remember, the Pacific head is interchangeable with different bodies (AA, AAA, CR123, etc.). It will give you the brightest AA option, I believe. You can get it in stainless steel or brass for maximum tonnage. :D

pipspeak

Enlightened
It's not heft I like but a decent thickness... I find some of the fancy AA (and even CR123) lights too thin and smooth to be held comfortably. My Fenix is too thin and as a result I'd never want to have to rely on it in a wet or rough situation... it would fly out of my hand too easily.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Just bought a Peak Caribbean Stainless Steel CR123A Battery P4 LED 1.5 Watt 17 mm Reflector $87.00 with christmas sale discount, running till the 18th!
Got a momentary switch too, now I need to see pics of what I just bought since I'm not too sure!

Just bought a Peak Caribbean Stainless Steel CR123A Battery P4 LED 1.5 Watt 17 mm Reflector $87.00 with christmas sale discount, running till the 18th!
Got a momentary switch too, now I need to see pics of what I just bought since I'm not too sure!

I'll post some pics of what you got later (I have that stuff). But I will tell you that the momentary switch you got is going to be the longest-lasting, most heavy duty momentary switch you've ever - or will ever - see. :twothumbs

Pics of some of the Peak momentary switches. Peak made a couple of different size switches. These happen to belong to a AAA and a AA sized body. They are very well-built parts, complete with tiny springs and O-rings. Note the good threads, too, on both tail and switch. These are excellent parts, sure to outlast any other momentary switch on the market. :twothumbs

PeakMomentary1.jpg

PeakMomentary3.jpg

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Thank you for these pics! I am very eager for Tuesday to get here. With the momentary switch in does it disable the head twist for constant on?! I just had this horrible thought! Tell me it isn't so!!

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, I've read this thread and only just figured out you don't want some heavy weight fans to provide heavy weight cooling. :ohgeez: