Cleaning my Coast 1 cr123 led lensor...

pirinst

Newly Enlightened
Washed my work clothes Saturday and threw them in the dryer Sunday night. Kept hearing a clunk in the dryer and had no clue what it was...​

Turned out I'd left my little edc led lensor in the utility pocket after work.​

Mildly annoyed and partly fearful of a ruined light, I turned on the little guy and it worked fine. Just to be sure I took it apart to make sure no water inside and let it sit overnight. Am happy it wasn't ruined. All the bad press about led lensors had me a little worried. Not anymore.​

Hoping they eventually put in Crees someday. They still use the basic
luxeon as far as I know.​

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Nice, I similarly cleaned a Fenix P1-Ce Q2 just the other day. It did well too. I found mine in the bottom of the washer when I was switching things over to the dryer. The coast is tough, just not the brightest. I'll get one when the put in a Cree or Seoul!

pirinst

Newly Enlightened
I use mine to read labels on palleted freight inside unlit truck trailers during late swingshift. The size is great for being in my pocket and the brightness is just right as well.

My car light is the 150 lumen Taskforce Cree. Have sold one of my Gerber incans and have one left to get rid of after getting the Taskforce.

The future looks bright....

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice that your light survived. And especially a water "test". I don't know why, but I have got the impression that Led lenser usually sucks when it comes to water resistance (IIRC, they usually have holes in the head?)but I have never handled a Ledlenser myself.