Help for a friend...

dano101

Enlightened
Hey all, I have a friend (RCMP member) who needs and edc light for her pockets only. She would prefer rechargeability as an option (although i can make anything rechargeable with the right combination of lamps and batteries).

The only real stipulation is that it be quite small, and not have too many functions.... bright as hell with basic on and off... or as minimal modes as possible.

She was looking around the $100 mark.

Oh another thing... there is a very realistic chance she will be wearing duty gloves, so something with decent grip is a must, as well as an easily accessable tailcap...

Ive always liked lights like fenix etc, but they just dont seem to be the most 'patrol or duty' oriented.... and ive looked at the T1 but it seems to be a bit big.

I was personally looking at something simple like a 6P with a p90 or equivelant lamp assembly (LF) and rechargeable RCR123's.

Anyone else have any suggestions? remember very user friendly with basic on and off with great grip and accessable tailcap.

Dano

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I carry as an LEO on duty and off--the Novatac 120T. Rechargeable batteries or disposable. Bright as hell, for that size. Tough polycarbonate window. Tailcap is very prominent to allow for gloved hands to use. Waterproof--mine went in the ocean with no problems. Small, easily pocketed.

It has a few modes, but only 4, three levels (one very dim which can be very useful) and a strobe. It has momentary and click on switch, which is really a great function. Everything is accessible with one hand.

It's a bit pricey, so the Novatac 85T is an alternative, but I'd spend the extra for the 120T, because the Mounties have had a rough few years.

Marduke

Flashaholic
For size comparison, the 6P is in the middle, T1 is on the far right side.
226209412-M.jpg

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Nuwaii Q3 that fits well in my pockets with the clip removed. Or with the clip on it can be hung inside the pocket and will stay put and available. It is missing about 1/4 of the anodizing but still works like a champ. It is just getting the good character marks. :nana:

If I recall they have a 2 cell slightly longer version as well.

dano101

Enlightened
yah, i was looking at getting her a 6P with a p90 (or similar LF) lamp and running RCR123's. Or as an alternative a 6P with a Q5 Led drop-in and RCR123's. That way when she can use it as a true duty light if need be instead of what shes using now... not that theres anything wrong with her 2 or 3C Mag (factory)... but i think she'll hopefully appreciate the 6P a bit more... only thing is i hope its not still too big for a pocket-carry light.

Alan B

Flashlight Enthusiast
The RCR123's may be a bit hard on the incan bulbs. At least the 3.7V ones would be, but even the 3.2V rechargeables are a bit on the high side.

Now a good LED drop-in would be fine.:twothumbs

-- Alan

dano101

Enlightened
actually, ive got a spare black P3D kicking around, so i think ill sell her that with the aftermarket tactical body. That should be good enough for grip and function...