LRI -- Proton Pro Now Available

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

12/10/07 Update: The new Proton PRO is in-stock and shipping. This new version of the Proton replaces the old 6-LED array with a single high-powered 2-Watt LED, providing an even brighter light but with approximately the same battery life as before.

Needless to say, I just ordered (2) Proton Pro lights.

Chaz

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the heads up on this. Just ordered one while the holiday sale is on.

Chao

Enlightened
TIN, thanks for this great news, I just ordered one, I am so happy that this light can be available before Christmas.

tygger

Enlightened
Awesome. Anyone know if BatteryJunction is gonna carry the new Protons before christmas? He always has the best price for photons/protons.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can someone refresh my memory on the UI?Very little info on the website.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm Suprised it came out so quickly. Does this version still have a single red LED? If so how is it implemented into the reflector? Is $62 the best deal out there? Seems pretty expensive.

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe the Proton is using an optic and not a reflector. I called Photonlight and they said it did have the red light capability. I suspect is is using a similar LED as the new HDS that has duel color capability. I think it has both emmitters mounted on the same die somehow.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like an awesome light. I would think they have addressed many of the previous concerns. They have a great interface from the Photon Freedom Micro lights combined with both red and white beams, this is an interesting product and not just another "Me-Too". I feel the price is a little high, but I hope Battery Junction can do something about that. Maybe not though on a new unique product.

I Can't wait to try it out :party:

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does that "2-Watt LED" = CREE?

tin...I don't remember the source, but I seem to recall reading something a couple months back saying that it is in fact a Cree emitter. Wish I could find the source where I read it...

PJD

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
MattK from Battery Junction told me they were planning on carrying the Photon Rex and Pro. So hopefully it will show up there soon. :D I'm going to be spending a lot of money at BJ next month.