Back to basics

Steve Curtis

Newly Enlightened
Hi All
I started off in the world of flashlights with a Surefire D3 which was a huge investment for a newbie 3 years ago considering i used only a few times a year when on shooting vacations.

the D3 was upgraded last year with a q4 drop in and sold shortly after as i found other lights on the market which could offer much more from 2 Cr123's let alone 3 at a time.

anyway to cut a long story short I'm selling all my flashlights and will be going back to the Surefire with a drop in or some sort as i feel they offer what i need and also have the upgrade-ability factor .....

i don't need massive throw or massive flood just a nice beam and a couple of hours on two cells
the question is what 2 cell Surefire should be the "CHOSEN ONE"
the M2 is looking to be my fave at the moment followed by the C2 ,ultimately this will be upgraded over the years with new drop-ins so its needs to be tough and able to stand the test of time .
Many thanks

any comments or suggestion are greatly received

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
M2 is my first serious flashlight when I got hooked to this hobby years back. I love it very much! If you are buying, take note that M2 and C2 are identical except that M2 has a shock absorbing bezel and C2 just is using the normal bezel.

If you like more side spill, go for the C2. The lamp assembly of the M2 sits further back within the bezel to leave room for the shock absorber thus narrowing the beam a little bit more.

jefflrrp

Newly Enlightened
A less expensive option would be the G2L (w/ metal bezel) or 6PL. I love my 6PL, its got a nice spill, a decent hotspot and decent throw. Runs for 2.5-3.5 hours at peak brightness.That being said my opinion is a little colored because it was my first SF (of three) ! !

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's my pleasure Steve. :grin2:

And Jeff, hope you like the 6PL much. You wouldn't be wrong with it. I love all my Surefire lights. They are well made and tough enough to handle more situations than I actually dare venture into.