Loctite 425 For G2 Bezel Ring: Flashpoint Concerns

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Threadlocking the bezel ring in order to secure a UCL replacement. The 425 MSDS indicates a minimum flashpoint of 176ºF. What is the temperature range we can expect a Q5 replacement to operate within under normal operating conditions (outside ambient of 70ºF) within the bezel? Under maximum, continuous use conditions? What are the thermal regulation setpoints of the OEM and replacement Q5 modules?

Last edited:

dougie

Enlightened
I personally don't know the answer but would suspect that the amount of thread lock being used would not present a problem once it has been exposed to the air and isn't outgassing. Anyway the small amount of thread lock used and the fact that it is on the outside surface of the glass lens of the G2 bezel means it shouldn't cause any problems.

I sincerely don't want to be rude but I think your caution (although sensible) is a little bit OTT?

Doug:twothumbs

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps a bit OTT, with a dash of OCD mixed in for good measure :thumbsup: . Would rather err on the side of caution, however...

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
If you're emitter is going above 170 you're cooking it to death anyway. That said, if your loctite bursts into flames -after you let it cure- during normal operation then I will buy you a new one. Hows that?