alternative Fenix bodies?

mrQQ

Enlightened
hello,

does anyone know if there are any alternative cheaper bodies which would fit L2D head? Need 1xAA and 1xCR123..

thanks

tsia

Newly Enlightened
What do you mean by cheaper bodies ? Other brands body or Fenix body?
L2D can use P2D body and L1D Body.

Bunk3r

Newly Enlightened
fenix store do some alternative bodies, and (like other distributors) sell fenix bodies separate.

Note there are some anomalies like the L2D head will accept the P2D body but you also need a P* switch as the L* switch doesn't fit on the P* bodies. But you can buy the body and switch.

mrQQ

Enlightened
i would like other brand than Fenix, because fenix bodies are still pretty expensive.. and i dont really need the quality :)

saeckereier

Newly Enlightened
No there aren't, except for some lucky coincidences with cheap chinese lights perhaps and they wouldn't offer any improvement. you might try one of the MTE lights available at DX but I wouldn't do it. As the original bodys are really good quality, I'd rather buy that or another complete light..

There are more expensive bodies, Leef once did one for the P1D CE I think, with a decent clicky. But as I said, that's more expensive than the original. Guess you're out of luck.

Last edited:

mrQQ

Enlightened
well since L1D and P2D bodies are compatible with mine L2D, i'd like to have them for variety. But they are also kinda expensive for poor Lithuanian like me, so i'm looking for cheap alternatives.. :)

Illum

Flashaholic

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you really want a AA body (L1D) for your P2D light, Lighthound has them listed for $12.00. Is that really that bad if you really want one?

pipspeak

Enlightened
Note there are some anomalies like the L2D head will accept the P2D body but you also need a P* switch as the L* switch doesn't fit on the P* bodies. But you can buy the body and switch.

Oh, really? Darn, I was planning on getting a P2D tube from lighthound but if the L2D switch doesn't fit it looks like I'll be off to fenix-store for the $24 body/switch.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
fenix store do some alternative bodies, and (like other distributors) sell fenix bodies separate.

This does not make sense to me but maybe I'm not thinking correctly. I have a P2D Q5, I bought a L2D body. Both the head and the switch fit perfect. So, why wouldn't the L switch fit the P body. In other words if P = L doesn't L = P ?

wishywashy7

Enlightened
P2DceSys.jpg

I hope the original owner of this pic forgives me:devil: