Enlightened
I found this rather usefull.
fc833a5d.jpg

fc833a5a.jpg

fc833a59.jpg

It makes an excelent area light.

snuffy

Enlightened
Is that a 35mm film container? If so it's the first time I've seen that color.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow... you're right. It looks like one to me. I wonder if one could make a lantern adapter for an Arc AAA? Sounds like a weekend project for me.

-Mike

snuffy

Enlightened
Nope, I just tried one on my LSH, and it's way to big.
Edit: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif Duh, just put the cap on it with the proper dia. hole cut in it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
I must be getting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
nice idea!

looks like the cap is still on...musta drilled through the lid?

Brlux

Enlightened
Ya sorry I forgot to include any detales. It is a white 35mm Film canistes. I cut a hole in the cap with a razor blade the size of the LS head. It is a nice fit and easy to remove. The light is verry difused. It still throws more out the front but there is a lot out the sides as well.
fc83321a.jpg

georget98

Enlightened
Another casualty of the digital photography revolution. People have spent their entire lives trying to get published in the "tips" section of photography magazines, and now they're going the way of buggy whip makers.

Just think, no more emergency salt shakers, coil forms, pill containers, snowman eyes, I can't go on...

Just try this LS lantern trick with a Compact Flash container /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Brotherscrim

Enlightened
If for some reason anyone here would like a large quantity of the film canisters for free, I have a good tip:

Go to your local 1-hour photo developer on the weekend, preferrably an hour or less before closing. Why? Because the only employees usually there at those times are disaffected teens who are less likely to try and charge you for the the canisters they keep in a big bin by the bloody thousands. Just ask for a few dozen - they are quite likely to hand them over to you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
[ QUOTE ]
georget98 said:

Just think, no more emergency salt shakers, coil forms, pill containers, snowman eyes, I can't go on...

[/ QUOTE ]
--------------------
It wasn't "that long ago"...how many remember the aluminum film canisters with the screw on top? Yellow and plain aluminum colors...wish I had a few of those (seen em' on eBay). I picked up some of the plastic ones in Canada years ago that were solid yellow. I like using the black, clear, and yellow for color coded applications.

Flotsam

Newly Enlightened
The hospital I work at gets syringes packed in plastic tubes of different sizes - I tried one on my PT Rage w/ a similar effect (the tubes are just slightly opaque, so the diffusion isn't as nice as the film cannister appears). It made for a nice "light wand" accessory as well (they tend to be about 5-6" long).

Status
Not open for further replies.