Fenix T1 Switch boot diameter

herbicide

Newly Enlightened
I've been trying to find out the size of the switch boot on the T1.

Is it Fenix' usual 12mm one or the 14mm type DX sells?

(Mine hasn't arrived yet, as you can tell)

Khaytsus

Enlightened
If it's the same size as the P2D, it'll fit the green GITD that DX sells. I have some of the blue GITD en route so we'll see.

I have a digital caliper under the tree, I should have measured the boots before I gave it back after "testing" it. :)

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it's the same size as the P2D, it'll fit the green GITD that DX sells. I have some of the blue GITD en route so we'll see.
the orange is GITD right, and will replacing the boot void warrenty? i doubt it as there is one provided, but still?

Crenshaw

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
the orange cap glows for five seconds (okay, it's more like a minute) after you stick it right up to a light bulb, totally useless.

z96Cobra

Enlightened
Just color it black with a Sharpie if you don't like the orange. The GITD looks more like an afterthought, or a problem with mixing the powder into the rubber. It looks like a tiny GITD star field!

Roger

Bunk3r

Newly Enlightened
does anybody have a source for 12mm GITD tailcaps? (with postage to the UK) my fenix L2D would like one (although at least it isnt an offensive orange).

although thats a thought for you T1 folk, you could try swapping the boot from an L series fenix for a black boot.

carmatic

Newly Enlightened
im up for a new boot myself as well, wouldnt mind one which glows abit brighter!

Khaytsus

Enlightened
As I've said already, if it's the same as the P2D boot, the 14mm boots off DX will fit.

I'm pretty sure 12mm is the same, so they will fit. Besides, they're $1.60, who cares if it doesn't fit.

Bunk3r

Newly Enlightened
^yeah i saw you said the 14mm DX ones fit the P2D but i know there are some differences between the P and L series Tailcaps. Is it a case of the P2D switch been 12mm also and you just squash the 14mm one in? anybody else put one on a fenix? how good or bad is the fit?

Khaytsus

Enlightened
^yeah i saw you said the 14mm DX ones fit the P2D but i know there are some differences between the P and L series Tailcaps. Is it a case of the P2D switch been 12mm also and you just squash the 14mm one in? anybody else put one on a fenix? how good or bad is the fit?

The stock Fenix boot goes in fairly easy, still a tiny bit tight. The boots from DX you have to poke through (I use the flat end of a pen) and it mushrooms a tiny bit because it's wider than the hole by a tiny bit.

It's not a big difference. I've been warned about water resistance, but it's not as if it's 'wrinkling' the flat part of the boot or anything like that, so I suspect it's fine.

Can't wait to get my caliper and measure stuff :)

Khaytsus

Enlightened
I got my blue GITD's from DX today, and they're almost exactly the same as the original P2D CE boot. They have a rubber post in them that needs cutting off, but that's easy with hobby/exacto knife. They are a bit more flimsy, however, than the Fenix and the green GITD from DX.

I haven't seen them in the dark yet compared to the green (brightness and how long they glow). They look a little nicer, even though they are a very light blue.

Bunk3r

Newly Enlightened
^yep i compared an L2D with the P3D and the boot is the same 12mm so presumably the same as T1 and P2D. Blue DX ones ordered! :thumbsup:

That leaves T1 (and other fenix) users with a few choices: 1)squeeze a 14mm green DX one in 2) get a blue 12mm DX one 3) get a black one of another fenix (they are supplied with a spare).

Latest posts