SF L1 vs Fenix P2D Q5 ...

cougar_67

Newly Enlightened
Convince me why I should buy the SF L1 Lumamax instead of the Fenix P2D Q5.

This light would be primarily kept in the car for emergency situations. What I want in this light is ...
- variable output settings ... at least a low/high
- small size
- 123 compatible
- reliability (works when I need it)
- durability (doesn't break the 1st time it'd dropped)

... I know that a SureFire would provide the durability and reliability that I want, the question is ... will the Fenix - at half the price?

thanks
Steve

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it my impression or the threads are becoming a little... "repetitive" ?

I think there is a lot of threads testing the SF L1, and even comparing it with Fenix lights!

We just have to look after them... :thumbsup:

Greetings!

zx7dave

Enlightened
There are multiple threads on the same subjects because the search engine usually doesn't give good results especially when using short words/characters such as L1.
Until that is fixed the repeated threads will continue...

BTW...I have both lights and either one would work just fine. If space is issue go with the Fenix as it is quite a bit smaller and just as bright. The Fenix requires two hands to turn on which can be annoying. It is a consideration. The SF L1 can always be upgraded by Milkyspit to perform beyond what you might think is possible for a one cell light.

digitaleos

Enlightened
Here are some pictures I took a couple of months ago, comparing the Fenix Q5's agains the Surefire L1 Cree and the Novatac 120P.

Update with new beamshots. This time we are comparing Surefire L1 Cree, Fenix L1D-Q5, Fenix L2D-Q5, Fenix P2D-Q5 and Novatac 120 P. All photos are manually set to F/8 , 2sec exp.,ISO 200 and AWB. This time I have included orange pylons placed 25 feet apart, the one closest to camera is 10 feet from the lights, the next one is 35', the next one is 60' and the shed is 85' from the lights. I placed the lights on a sawhorse 10' from the first cone in an attempt to keep the lights hotspots in the same general area.

Fenix L1D-Q5

Fenix L2D-Q5

Fenix P2D-Q5

Surefire L1 Cree

Novatac 120P

Brozneo

Enlightened
Is it my impression or the threads are becoming a little... "repetitive" ?

I think there is a lot of threads testing the SF L1, and even comparing it with Fenix lights!

Yes MANY times before! Haha But IMO I think the L1 is the better preformer and more durable to punishment!