Quick Mag Light LED question

Garand

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a Mag Light brand LED drop in for my 2 D cell Mag light.

I just found an old 3 D Mag Light I did not know I had.

Can I use the 2 D LED in the 3 D light without damage?

kavvika

Enlightened
Nope. Expect a :poof: if you do try, though.

Aww man, you replied just before me! I wanted to use the *poof* icon first!

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 4 mags (a 2-D/two 3's, and a 4)...and they all have been upgraded to LED's...if you want several reliability options, trade your 2-D LED upgrade in for the 3-D (Same price), as the 3-D model makes the lost use of the Mag-Led (the most Lumens per hour, and better LED performance than the 2 and 4-D), and grab a Nite-Ize LED upgrade for the 2-D ($9) for a flood light, as I've heard the Nite-Ize C/D LED's are indestructible...or, you can try the Craftsman LED ($15) which will work in the 2/3/4/5 and 6-D Models!!! Like I said, this will give your variety with you maglite's and LED upgrades.

Garand

Newly Enlightened
I am not that much a fan of Mag Lights. A friend gave me a like new 2D with the origional bulb. I just had to buy the LED drop in for it.

I read how the drop in tends to dim quickly because of the heat but this one does not seem to be too bad at this.

I will keep this light in the tool box of my ATV. I have several other lights I will use a lot more.

Rogue_monkey

Enlightened
Take the 2d light put the led in it and put 3c rechargable batteries in it. Trim the and bend the spring, and make a spacer for the batteries out of some light cardboard and your good to go.