EDC Light Suggestions Needed

delecto

Newly Enlightened
Hello all,

I'd like to get my husband his first edc flashlight for xmas as something of a surprise... and am somewhat overwhelmed by my options! Here's what I know:
- He wants something pocket-sized, tough, with at least 2 levels of brightness
- He first mentioned the SF 6P, but personally, I think it's a bit too big for carrying it in his pocket all the time
- I'd like to spend under... $75? No more than the 6p.

I've been looking at a lot of the Fenix models - L0D, L1D, P1D, P2D or even the combo pack (P2D/L1D). i'm not too concerned too much with battery life, being that I don't think he'll use it that much. In the end, I'd like to have a quality edc flashlight that he'll be excited about. Any advice, insight, etc? I would really appreciate it!!

Marduke

Flashaholic
This will blow his socks off for such a small light:
https://www.fenix-store.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_52&products_id=370

Don't forget the CPF8 discount code, and he'll need some rechargable NiMH to get it's full potential (true for any high power LED light).

Energizer makes this one, which I believe even comes with a couple AAA's, and can be had at Walgreens, Home Depot, and others for about $15.

The L1D and combo pack are also good choices.

Beamshot

Newly Enlightened
If He's not used to edc'ing a light something like the Fenix LOD would be perfect.

delecto

Newly Enlightened
Excellent - thank you all for the help! I do think I'm going to go with the L0D as a good, solid started edc.
Marduke, thanks for the discount code and the battery info - I'll definitely pick him up some rechargable NiMHs to complete the gift.

Thanks again!! :thumbsup:

scottaw

Enlightened
The combo pack is a GREAT choice. I absolutely love my P2D, it's tiny, has great output, and has spent a lot of time living in my pocket, with very little wear. Having a AA option can only sweeten the deal. Go for the natural finish, i hear it wears better.

But remember, give him this, and you've started a new addiction.....an addiction that the price definately does NOT stop at $75 :)

Marduke

Flashaholic
Was at Walgreen's tonight, and they had the Energizer USB charger for $21, but had a $10 mail in rebate to bring it down to $11. And it DOES include 2xAAA's in the package. Available in red, green, or blue. I think Home Depot or Lowes had it for ~$15. It's the cheapest smart charger that I know of that comes with AAA's that you can buy in a real store.

BillG

Newly Enlightened
Yep...the LOD is a fine choice. or go to fenix's clearance section and get the LOP SE and use "CLEARANCE25" as a coupon code and get it for about $26. has 3 levels of brightness. i got one 2 weeks ago and couldn't be happier.

jugg2

Enlightened
The P2D is a great light, but some don't like the multiple modes, and it uses CR123s. If you want a AA option the L1T V2 is a great simple light, only two modes and it is still bright.

wishywashy7

Enlightened
- He first mentioned the SF 6P, but personally, I think it's a bit too big for carrying it in his pocket all the time

A belt holster should let him EDC it comfortably. It is a very good value for the money, especially the LED version, rock-solid, user-serviceable and upgradeable light. Its reputation for being a good light is very well deserved, IMHO the most classic of all the Surefires.
It will be something that he can treasure for many years to come :thumbsup:

mikehill

Enlightened
Combo pack :thumbsup: L1D AND P2D ... 123's and AA's .. can't be beaten. So good in fact I just ordered one myself :D