Good light for $100? X-mas gift

96TL

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys. I'm looking to buy some flashlights for X-Mas gifts for my father and two brothers. I will spend $100 per light (x3).

I was thinking of something pocket sized, super bright, and single CR123. Luma D-Mini Q5 maybe? Any other recommendations? I'd like something reliable. They're not really flashlight junkies, but they love my Novatac and Luma M1. Also, I'd prefer something reliable so they don't have to deal with warranty issues, defects, etc.

Thanks! :twothumbs

Daylo

Newly Enlightened
There are 2 lights at $100 that immediately come to mind and I would highly recommend to anyone. Surefire E1L (KX1 Cree head) or the NovaTac EDC-85. Both are awesome lights with superior build quality and good output/runtime. They both have lifetime warranties and are made in the USA. I'm going to pick up a NovaTac for a friend that's an EMT/Firefighter, he already has a Surefire. If you are willing to spend a little more $$ the Surefire L1 (Cree version) is a sweet light. IMHO you can't go wrong with any of these.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are 2 lights at $100 that immediately come to mind and I would highly recommend to anyone. Surefire E1L (KX1 Cree head) or the NovaTac EDC-85. Both are awesome lights with superior build quality and good output/runtime. They both have lifetime warranties and are made in the USA. I'm going to pick up a NovaTac for a friend that's an EMT/Firefighter, he already has a Surefire. If you are willing to spend a little more $$ the Surefire L1 (Cree version) is a sweet light. IMHO you can't go wrong with any of these.
+1 on the NovaTac EDC 85. What a sweet deal for $99! Elegant, rugged, bright, and with a lifetime warranty.

quatra2008

Newly Enlightened
any fenix light in my opinion. never had one fail and mine all have nice tints and are extremely bright. i would suggest a p1d ce the wow factor is high for a non flashaholic and it is a simple twisty ui and its only 40 bucks.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
For sure ditto the NovaTac 85P, Surefire E1L (Cree), or squeeze just a "little" more water out of the rock & go for a Surefire L1 (Cree).

YOU WON'T GO WRONG WITH ANY OF THESE!! iI'd have a hard time picking between any of these. If they're non-flashaholics, I think I'd lean towards the Surefires with the L1 being my preference due to the 2 level brightness...

Wolf

Newly Enlightened
any fenix light in my opinion. never had one fail and mine all have nice tints and are extremely bright. i would suggest a p1d ce the wow factor is high for a non flashaholic and it is a simple twisty ui and its only 40 bucks.

+ 1 for the fenix lights, little less then you want to spend, but for $100 you could get them 2 lights each, a nice semi bright key chain light like a lop (simple), lod or the lod ce and a p1d ce if you want to get them something that takes a odd battery (least for a non-flashaholic) IMO I would try to stick to the 2x AA, batteries are easy to find and the 2x AA form factor would be easier to use probably, Oh one other note... for a non-flashaholic if you gift them a high end ($100+) light they are going to be less likely to use it (least this is what I have found)

Last edited: