MagLite Help needed

scgi2000

Newly Enlightened
I have an older 3d cell MagLite that is required equipment for work. I don't realy use it but if I have to have it I want it to work right. With that being said. The little screw that allowes you to focus the beam fell out and I can't get it back in. Can anybody help me take it apart and fix it?

Marduke

Flashaholic
Little confused as to what you are referring. There is only one screw on a MagLite, and it's hidden by the rubber switch cover and had nothing to do with focusing.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know a whole lot about older maglites, but on new ones, the O-ring grabs on the head about the same time the threads start to grab. You have to put your palm on the lens and push (preferrably not pushing on the lens, though, since it's plastic) while you're turning, the kind of grip like you were tightening the top of a Jar of pickles.

Zenster

Enlightened
I hate to sound foolish, but I guess I need to be the first one to mention that a brand new 3-D Maglite is under $20 pretty much anywhere, and it can sometimes be had on sale for a bit less than that if you shop a little.

My suggestion about the screw is, don't "screw" with it. Buy a new one.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
After looking at disassemble intructions, it looks pretty easy, 10 minutes tops. I'd be happy to make $20 in 10 minutes. :)

Marduke

Flashaholic
If it's just the contact point for the cam, you don't really need it. The light will still focus the same way the MiniMag does.