Surefire 6P Duty Light Upgrade's

ferretray

Newly Enlightened
I have a fairly new Surefire 6P. I would really appreciate some input on the following idea's for upgrade's:

Tailcap- I plan on carrying the light in a bezel-down holder on a duty belt and would like a tailcap that would lessen the chance that the button could be accidentally depressed.

Lamp assembly- I intend to replace the original with one of the new high speed/low-drag LED's. Must be able to handle rechargeable batteries. Should also be able to run off regular 123's.

Rechargeable batteries/charger unit- Commercially available charger unit and batteries for the LED powered 6P above.
Thank's in advance for any constructive input, Ray

wishywashy7

Enlightened
Tailcap- I plan on carrying the light in a bezel-down holder on a duty belt and would like a tailcap that would lessen the chance that the button could be accidentally depressed.
IMG_1102.jpg

I have a recessed tailcap, but its a reverse clicky with no momentary on. Since I use it for hospital work, not really for tactical use, it works very well for me. I use a Blackhawk holster with bezel-up carry, there is nil chance of accidentally turning on my light.

Lamp assembly- I intend to replace the original with one of the new high speed/low-drag LED's. Must be able to handle rechargeable batteries. Should also be able to run off regular 123's.
IMG_1108.jpg

I use a Cree X-RE Q4 in mine. Malkoff devices M60 and Bugoutgear Q5 have the most enviable reputations for a P60 drop-in in CPF.

Rechargeable batteries/charger unit- Commercially available charger unit and batteries for the LED powered 6P above.
IMG_1101-1.jpg

IMG_1105.jpg

This is the battery setup I use for my 6P. I have two batteries and let the other charge while I'm using/carrying the other. I swap batteries everyday, with no problems. I know that when I start my shift, I have a fully charged battery.

Hope this helps. Others may be able to provide info on where to get the best prices for this stuff. Cheers!:wave:

Bloodnut

Newly Enlightened
Whatever else you do, get an M60 LED drop-in from Gene at Malkoff Devices. You might have a small wait, but it will be worth it, I promise. Sign up for his email list.

I prefer bezel down carry so that the light is properly oriented for a rapid "draw" if needed. That said, mine rides in a vest pocket as I have yet to find a competent holster.