Tiablo A9 as weaponlight?

xd-shawn

Newly Enlightened
hey guys, my first post, i've been lurking around here for a few weeks now, this forum is what led to my most recent purchase Tiable A9 with the smooth reflector, i'm extreemly impressed and i'm thinking about ordering another to mount on my AR-15 (hope this is a pro gun site) with the OP reflector, has anyone done this and do you think it can handle the abuse? i've got a pentagonlight X3 on it right now but the tiablo makes the X3 look like a 2AA maglite:crackup:

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in the process of updating several weapon mounted lights.
For my shotgun I'm going to use the Wolf Eyes 6AX with a Cree Q5 module

On my carbine I'm using a PILA GL3 with a Cree Q5.

I may eventually get something like the MRV for longer throw on the carbine.

On a shotgun I don't feel you need a tight spot as the useful distances are going to be less.

Both my weapons are used on duty and I don't think I would take a shot even with slugs at more than 25-30 yards.

With my carbine if the shot is over 50 yards, I'm going to sit and hold the perimeter and wait for the Ninja's in black suits to take over and assume liability.

I don't understand why Surefire hasn't changed the shotgun lights over to an LED yet. Seems to me the reliability factor would almost make it mandatory.

xd-shawn

Newly Enlightened

thanks for the link, this is my first night with it, wow this light is awesome!!

looks like it's up in the air as far as mounting it on a weapon, we're talking about an AR15 not a 12ga quite a bit of difference in recoil but still, i dont really wanna ruin this light or have it fail because it cant handle being mounted on an AR, anyone else?

Last edited:

ceramide

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the link, this is my first night with it, wow this light is awesome!!

looks like it's up in the air as far as mounting it on a weapon, we're talking about an AR15 not a 12ga quite a bit of difference in recoil but still, i dont really wanna ruin this light or have it fail because it cant handle being mounted on an AR, anyone else?

But given the price of a case of .223 these days, even if the A9 goes south, the cost of the light is in the statistical noise.