2 mallard ducks saved by TigerLight

agent8698

Newly Enlightened
I was driving my taxi today on Fort Lewis. It was already dark. I approached a busy intersection with numerous lanes in front of Madigan Hospital. The signal light was still green, and the speed limit there was 40mph, so traffic was moving. Suddenly I saw the 2 ducks crossing the road. They had been concealed from view by other cars and by the curve in the road and by the darkness. One male, one female, both only half grown. One had already crossed my lane, the other had yet to cross. By the time I had an overview of the situation, I was already past the scene. The ducks were crossing from left to right. The biggest danger was one more lane to cross, to the right of my lane. I slowed down and looked over my right shoulder out the back window of my taxi, and yes, a car was coming from back there, so I grabbed the TigerLight and pointed it through the back window at that car and flashed it in short bursts, simulating a strobe light. I'm convinced it worked, because the car slowed down in time to avoid the ducks. I'm also convinced that a less powerful light would not have gotten the same attention. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Max

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another use for a TigerLight. I was wondering if you have it mounted in your car, or is it just within easy reach (and not in the charger)? Thanks

-Mike

agent8698

Newly Enlightened
Hi Mike,
I keep the light within easy reach between the driver's seat and driver's door. I have reached for it often enough now that I can do it pretty fast, and without looking. I keep the charger at home. Max

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info, I still can't decide if I like my light between the drivers seat and door or in the middle between the drives and passengers side seat. I'm leaning towards the middle, but that tends to get in the way more. I guess it also depends on the size of the light.

-Mike

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
i cram mine in the crack between the seat and the upright back, works great and stays put. it's also out of sight unless you're *looking* for it, but i can get to it very quickly.

i bring it up about every month to charge, unless i've used it more than normal.