Which Fenix?!

Phaetos

Enlightened
As my post count shows, I have been here long enough that I should be able to figure this out for myself. I think I have spent too much time staring at the Fenix-store website :crazy: I want a T1, easy enough. But I won't be able to get it without getting the wife something. I have a P2D that I edc and love it. She loves it, but I think something in that size but with on/off and a clicky would be perfect for her. AA or 123 doesn't matter. I have Eneloops on standby and plan on getting some AW 123's and charger. This order will make 4 seven's happy :crackup::grin2: . So which Fenix for her?

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
L1T V2.0 with a Rebel emitter. More standard battery, good size, not too small for easy use. I have both the L1T 2.0 and a P2D CE, and honestly the L1T feels better in the hand and has an easier tailcap to activate. The only real advantage that I see to the P2D is that it may not be accidentally activated in a purse as easily.

a4d

Enlightened
I picked up the L2D Q5 a few days ago. I absolutley love it. 2AA's and is REALLY BRIGHT!!:thumbsup:
Here is a quick shot i just took off of my wall about 2 meters. (on low, med, high, turbo in that order.)
Forums008.jpg

Forums009.jpg

Forums010.jpg

Forums011.jpg

Not the best quality but you can probably get the idea.

Last edited:

Phaetos

Enlightened
Thanks for the suggestions, but maybe I should clarify. She wants bright like the P2D, but I think it would be best with only ON/OFF. Not 3 or 4 modes. It seems only the P1 fits that bill, but it's a twisty and not a clickie. Could I get a cliky for the P1?

Last edited:

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might be surprised by the L1T with the Rebel. I'm no electrical engineer, I'm just a plumber, but from what I understand, the properties of the rebel's (something about the low voltage flux or some such thing) allow it to be brighter at a lower voltage. I'm very pleased with the output from mine; it's just barely (visibly) dimmer than my P2D.

gnef

Enlightened
if you want to spend more, leef makes a body for the p1, i believe.

lightfire

Newly Enlightened
Depending on use the L2D can be used as simple on/off. I use mine most every night to feed animals on the farm after dark. I leave it set on "turbo" so it is simple on/off. Use it for about 30-40 minutes, then go inside and pop the ROV hybrid batteries I am using right now on charge, then the light is ready again.
I had a P1D and liked it as well, but really like the L2D better cause of the AA size batteries.

Phaetos

Enlightened
You might be surprised by the L1T with the Rebel. I'm no electrical engineer, I'm just a plumber, but from what I understand, the properties of the rebel's (something about the low voltage flux or some such thing) allow it to be brighter at a lower voltage. I'm very pleased with the output from mine; it's just barely (visibly) dimmer than my P2D.

Apparently Fenix's own website doens't list the V2 anything. All I see is the Lux 3 L1T at 37 lumen. I don't even see it listed on fenix-store.

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hhm, I just noticed that. I wonder why. It's a great little light. Oh well, I guess I modify my recommendation to a P2D with a Q5 emitter.

Phaetos

Enlightened
I PM'd 4 sevens about the L1T and L2T's. I found them on eliteled.com. But I'd rather support fenix-store.

z96Cobra

Enlightened
Get the T1 for yourself, and the P2D Q5 "Power Pack". Give her your old P2D and put the AA battery tube from the "Power Pack" on it! :naughty: Just leave the P2D on "Turbo" and she has a simple ON/OFF. Now she is happy, you have a brand new T1 and a brand new P2D Q5, and the diffuser. It can't get any better than that!!! :twothumbs

Roger

wishywashy7

Enlightened
Get the T1 for yourself, and the P2D Q5 "Power Pack". Give her your old P2D and put the AA battery tube from the "Power Pack" on it! :naughty: Just leave the P2D on "Turbo" and she has a simple ON/OFF. Now she is happy, you have a brand new T1 and a brand new P2D Q5, and the diffuser. It can't get any better than that!!! :twothumbs

Roger

I agree on getting the T1 for yourself, but get the L2D for your wife. Most wives or girlfriends are somehow not too keen to go out of the way to look for CR123 batts. :confused: Can't beat AA for availability.

chibato

Newly Enlightened
Last edited:

z96Cobra

Enlightened
I agree on getting the T1 for yourself, but get the L2D for your wife. Most wives or girlfriends are somehow not too keen to go out of the way to look for CR123 batts. :confused: Can't beat AA for availability.

Thats why I said...

Give her your old P2D and put the AA battery tube from the "Power Pack" on it! :naughty:
This way, she gets a P2D (with AA tube) that the OP already stated "she loves it", and he gets a NEW Q5 P2D to play with.

Roger