what single-mode light?

sphynx_000

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for a new light, here is my criteria,

-single mode!!!, I am tired of cycling through modes, I just want bright and off
-small enough to fit in my pocket
-preferable 1xAA or possibly 1x123A
-regulated
-cree or rebel led

My budget is around 40 dollars.

Any suggestions?

scottaw

Enlightened
I'll never go back to a single stage light, multi is just more useful, sounds like you need a simple multi stage. Try an L1, or something with a similarly easy to use multi level. You're exactly right, sometimes 19 levels with 1000 clicks is just a bother.

sphynx_000

Newly Enlightened
I am currently using a CLE,

I almost always switch modes when I turn the light on, its frustrating having to find the high mode all the time. I never use the low mode... when something calls for small amounts of light I am using a headlamp.

99% of the time, full power is all I want.

The new Nuwai Q-100 looks great for me.
Anyone know an ETA or price for the light?

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
tell me more about the l1.
does it not have strobe and sos.
cause that would be great.
two or three levels of just light, awesome!
how much, and how bright on high?

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened

I almost always switch modes when I turn the light on, its frustrating having to find the high mode all the time. I never use the low mode... when something calls for small amounts of light I am using a headlamp.

99% of the time, full power is all I want.

The new Nuwai Q-100 looks great for me.
Anyone know an ETA or price for the light?

that sounds like me too.
high is about all i need.
fenix is good for that.
keep the head tight and you got high.
i do like lower levels available for an emergency long term lighting though.
what's this q100 about?

Phaetos

Enlightened
It sounds like these infamous L1T and L2T v2.0 from Fenix would fit the bill, but I can't seem to find them listed anywhere :duh2:

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just found out the L1T v2 is no longer on the Fenix-store site which is too bad because I think it would have fit the bill. With the head tightened all the way it is a simple on/off at about 80 lumens IIRC and if you need to conserve the battery, just loosen the head and you have a decent low. The other Fenix lights are good but I found I would accidentally touch the button and change modes. I like my L1T v2 and I am hoping they are just updating it with a better emitter (maybe a rebel 100) for the new year. Keep a look out and maybe you can get one on the B/S/T or the MP or maybe a version 3 in the New Year.

sphynx_000

Newly Enlightened
yeah,

I could appreciate a low mode if it could be changed in the bezel. Sticking with AA would be nice too. I will keep an eye out, and maybe wait another month for a new version.

carlsjrman

Newly Enlightened
There's something beautiful about a well-made single mode light. No gimmicks, just a solid light. I just got a Fenix P1-CE recently, and I love it. It's tiny, bright, and it seems to be very well made. If Fenix would make a AA tube for it, it'd be perfect.

Culhain

Enlightened
I am looking for a new light, here is my criteria,

-single mode!!!, I am tired of cycling through modes, I just want bright and off

Fenix P1-CE !!

I really like my P1-CE. The size is minimal. The quality is a step up from other Fenix products. The simple twisty head is a joy to use.

Others have suggested the L1T (L2T) v2.0, but I am not impressed with mine. I used it one night at work and haven't touched it since.

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take a look at Peak. You can get one of the most compact AA lights available with a SSC LED and your choice of 3 ouput levels (ask about the pocket body tube). Peak lights are very well made. The electronics are potted sealed and they use gold plated contacts. The aluminum is HAIII.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast

99% of the time, full power is all I want...

The newer version of the C-LE has mode memory. It will come on at the level it was at when you turned it off.

It's a great light for under $40. Bright, efficient and using common AA batteries - either NiMH, Alkys or Lithium AAs.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
L2T v2.0 RB80 (2AA)
eliteled J2 fenixtactical

L1T v2.0 RB80 (1AA)
http://eliteled.com/products/flashlights/fenix-l1t-v2.html

MTE SSC 1 stage (1AA) All 4 I bought had QC stickers and all 4 work.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1995

MTE Rebel 1 stage (1AA)
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2315

UltraFire C3 Cree (1xAA) Protected 14500 may not fit.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1993

Ultrafire 602C SSC (1xAAA) The bigger high capacity NiMH may not fit.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.6121

Last edited: