Looking for a cree or seoul 1 cell 123 all Stainless steel twisty

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
After the Heavyweights thread got me thinking I decided that I need an all Stainless Steel light. Something shiny twisty and reliable with one mode. It would be nice if I could have it with a Trit on it from the get go, but I dare to dream of something I have never known. The brightness is something I can get used to whatever the output. Really a stainless 1 cell body and switch for a SF C series would help me out but nobody makes that. I think Peak makes what I'm after but i don't know about that website- are those just luxeons, are they 1 cell, I prefer a flat bottom I think. I am trying to get close to a small light I had as a child but with an LED and I only sort of remember it. ECD capable to be sure. As far as flood or throw, I'd say more floody please.
Thanks for suggestions and for reading this rambling post!

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
OK #2 is in the running, a tad small. Anyone out there own this particular one?
Anyone have better Peak info than on that so called website?

Last edited:

Theatre Booth Guy

Enlightened
Give Peak a call - they will set you in the right direction. I am very happy with my stainless Pacific (high power AA) and Baltic (XR AAA) Peaks.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Give Peak a call - they will set you in the right direction. I am very happy with my stainless Pacific (high power AA) and Baltic (XR AAA) Peaks.

+1 on calling them. There are so many options it's impossible to see on their website. Call them and you are basically getting a custom light for a non-custom price.
Most models have options for body type, body material, emitter brightness/runtime and battery configuration.

They have both cr123 & AA lights in SS. The models come in different output levels, so you can choose the runtime/brightness combination you want. The newer models now have a Seoul emitter, but the Lux IIIs are mostly still available. Peak was always very careful in choosing the Lux bins they used - beautiful tint. I imagine they have done the same with the Seouls. They do have a flat bottom option, called "pocket" IIRC, although if you get the keychain option you can get the optional momentary switch, which I find very convenient. However, the keychain/momentary option does add about 3/4" and makes tailstanding a bit less stable.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK #2 is in the running, a tad small. Anyone out there own this particular one?
Anyone have better Peak info than on that so called website?
I have a #2 for sale if you are interested send a PM please. :)

aljsk8

Enlightened
if price isnt an issue do what i did - get photonfanatic (fred) to make your dream ss light

will cost you 10 of those ultrafire ss

but i think well worth it!

im interested in a ss peaks too
i think my next small light will be a peak

easilyled

Flashaholic
The brightest 1-cell Peak light is the Rainier.

I have one in brass that's been modded with a Seoul (used to be a luxeon)

This is one solid, heavy, well constructed light with a very nice,
bright even beam.

You can buy this or an SS version of it from Peak (with the Seoul led)

I have a feeling that brass might be a better conductor of heat than
SS because brass is used quite a lot for heat sinks.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Just gave Peak a call and got sold on a 1x123 P4 Caribbean Stainless Steel with momentary switch. 120 torch lumens, only thing is a plastic lens.....
now to find a UCL for that.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Caribbean is the best all-around light from Peak, IMHO. Was the favorite light of the author of FlashLightReviews for many years. I bet you will love it.

I have a Rainier, and while it is very bright, to me the beam is a bit too throwy - I prefer a more balanced flood/throw beam. Also, the runtime is shorter than the Caribbean. Both have a great tint though.