new here! sayin hello!

how

Newly Enlightened
What's up Guys! Let me just start off by saying that I'm finally admitting that I'm hooked. I realized that this afternoon when it dawned on me that for the last three days I've been surfing the net looking for an Xmas gift for "me".....and of all things I could buy myself what do I look for? Another flashlight!!!:thinking:. What is soo mystical about flashlights? I don't get it. It's like being a moth drawn to a light bulb. You just can't help yourself.

Anyways I'm 32, and work for an Audio Visual company. By trade I'm a Lighting Technician/ Programmer/ amatuer Lighting Designer but fill many rolls in my line of work. The nice thing about my job is it justifies my growing obsession for flashlights (for now).

My first "real" flashlight purchase was a Surefire G2. At the time I thought that light was amazing, until I learned more and more. Now, I have a small, but soon to be growing collection:
-G2
-Pelican M1 3310
-Inova R3A-T
-Palm Balze
-Fenix L2D CE
-Petzl Tikka headlight
...and a couple dorcy led flashlights I bought long time ago

I stumbled onto CPF awhile ago and was soo glad I did. It has introduced me to a whole world of flashlights I never would have known existed. Keep up the good work guys! Thanks for reading!

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome: Hope you enjoy your time here! If you wanted to know just about everything about flashlights you've come to the right place. We will help you with your addiction! :laughing::laughing::laughing: Enjoy! :naughty:

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
:paypal: will be your mantra. Take a picture of your wallet so you can remember what it looked like full. :crackup:

:welcome:

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome: welcome aboard!

you're CPF quote for the day:

"The only place where seeing the light will make you broke" :crackup:

tslrc

Newly Enlightened
:welcome: So many newbies, so many lights :candle:, so little money :broke:.

jugg2

Enlightened
:welcome: I agree, I don't really know why flashlights are so addictive..., but I'm not complaining!:D

Dantor

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF you two! Many good people here, who know a lot about lights! Enjoy :)

how

Newly Enlightened
:paypal: will be your mantra. Take a picture of your wallet so you can remember what it looked like full. :crackup:
:lolsign:.....good one! Hopefully I won't get too deep, I'm poor anyways so that helps:broke:. Anyhoo I'm on this LED thing right now....thinking of picking up a Tiablo A1 for an EDC, but I dunno just yet so I'm off to go run amuck on the interweb and learn me somethin.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!:grin2: