To SFers : Are you user or owner only?

cenz

Enlightened
Hi All,

This is a part of the research for my essay homework. I guess some people owned many SFs that only one or few models in practical use, and why ?

If your SFs are still fine but not in use (collectors excluded), will you put them to the sec-hand market ?

thanks~

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
began with 6R, then 8X, then 9N (+ an additional 3P)

8X and 9N used for everything - because brighter and longer running than 6R - even for bike nightriding.

Last year modded the 6P (6R without extention) with a led and 18650 battery --> way better than the larger, heavier lights.
8X, 9N and 9NT now are shelf queens or to lend around, or to empty rechargeable batts
3P is sold.

GreySave

Enlightened
U2, Kroma, A2 Aviator. Kroma sees use daily. U2, probably 3-4 days a week, and the A2 more on an as needed basis of 1-3 days a week. No shelf queens here, and no retired lights either.

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
When I buy a SF light, I intend to use it, but if I dont use it as much as i had thought, I will sell it. I dont have enough money to buy lights and have them as shelf queens... I have a purpose with every light I buy...well almost.. :)
Even though I got more than I need, but I intend to use the ones I buy.

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I buy a SF light, I intend to use it, but if I dont use it as much as i had thought, I will sell it. I dont have enough money to buy lights and have them as shelf queens... I have a purpose with every light I buy...well almost.. :)
Even though I got more than I need, but I intend to use the ones I buy.

Yep - same here. I always have a couple SFs on hand, the L1 and A2. They both see daily use. Others that don't get quite so much like my U2 are getting the axe.

If I don't use it, I don't want it tying up my money! :)

22hornet

Enlightened
Hello,
I use my Surefires seldom, even though they are good lights. I guess I am an "owner".
The lights I use daily are either 2AA or 2AAA from Fenix, Peak, Inova or Streamlight. This because of battery issues as my Surefires are CR123 powered.

Kind regards,
Joris

SolarMan

Newly Enlightened
I carry and use all my SureFires at least once a day. :p

Size 15's ... I'm just dying to know ...

WHAT THE HECK DO YOU DO WITH YOUR FLASHLIGHTS? :huh:

I am a user of SF

The problem I have is that I buy other lights that are pretty nice and totally neglect them (orb NS, lumapower M1) and a of couple others ... (ok ... not as nice as SureFires!)

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a G2, a U2, an L1 CREE and a Titan. The Titan is now always in my pocket, the others are used occasionally. I would not part with any of them, each one represents something for me. :)

Size15's

Flashaholic
I'm not a typical case so using my data in a report will surely disrupt the results of any survey...

I only use a few flashlights everyday like the L1, L2 and Titan.
Flashlights I usually use at least once a week include the M6.
Flashlights I usually use at least once a month include the A2 and M3T as well as the U2 because its often handy.

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a 6P with a DX C:pree module that I carry several times a week. An L7 is my general purpose close at hand light. It's ancestor is an 8NX that doesn't get as much use now. Plus some E1's and E2's that don't see much hands on time now. The 6P is pretty much the perfect form factor for my tastes. And the Cree drop in has laid down some serious smack on the L7. But the L7 is pretty old and could do with a new emitter.

Lightingguy321

Enlightened
The one and only surefire that I have is the L7 that just got a new head recently (old one had a donut hole, surefire replaced for free), it gets used on a daily basis.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
all mine are users. My L4 is so beat up I actually feel bad.

but then again it just keeps on trucking. life is good.

Let's see some pictures :D

A fair few of my SureFires are simply part of my collection, so they sit on the shelf. Mainly this is my "P" series collection (3P, 6P, 9P etc). The rest of the lights get used. Some are used more than others, and some were bought with the intention of being used but quickly got replaced by something else. My A2 and 6PL are used daily.

Regards,
Tempest

cenz

Enlightened
I'm not a typical case so using my data in a report will surely disrupt the results of any survey...

I only use a few flashlights everyday like the L1, L2 and Titan.
Flashlights I usually use at least once a week include the M6.
Flashlights I usually use at least once a month include the A2 and M3T as well as the U2 because its often handy.

ha, it is really not typical case, but it may be a ultra case..

cenz

Enlightened
thanks a lot to all~

So, did your SF modified (rechargeable) for practical use?

and, Do you think modified SF(rechargeable) can add more values for practical use?