Flashaholic Rock Star !

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well almost! There is a rock band in Europe coming from Norway…Madrugada. (Google it and check it out in Youtube. It is HIGHLY recommended). The past few years the singer, Sivert Hoyem uses a D-size Maglite to illuminate the audience when lights are down.

Today it is a special day since I recieved their DVD and here is a screen capture (the best I could do).

90880051ak8.jpg

Now IF there is gonna be another tour this chap needs a modded LED Mag with strobe!

Enjoy, Kostas

BTW (note for the moderators) the DVD is NOT copy controled

Last edited:

SolarMan

Newly Enlightened
First of all, this guy needs a better light! His tour manager should buy him the BEAST!

I watched some you tube...they sound just like the band " REM " (and I think the lead singer guy is trying to look like him, bald head...just too tall)

Just wondering...why do some of these europe rock groups sing in english? I love hearing rock tunes in words I can't understand!

Also, I love the Rickenbacker bass (is that a 4001 in FireGlow? NICE!)

:welcome:

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just wondering...why do some of these europe rock groups sing in english? I love hearing rock tunes in words I can't understand!

Quite simple, they get a much bigger audience. If they, like in this case, would had sung in norwegian, they would have an audience of about 5 millions, and would have a hard time making a tour outside of Norway. When singing in english, they can have the whole world as a potential audience. And pretty much everybody understands english in Scandinavia anyway, so doesnt do much difference for the home audience in which language they sing.

fasuto

Enlightened
...they sound just like the band " REM " (and I think the lead singer guy is trying to look like him, bald head...just too tall)

I think they are more similar to Morphine, a really great band.

If you want to try Spanish Rock search for "Heroes del Silencio" or "Mago de Oz"

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
well actually for the purposes of recording the live DVD the light man. which I talk too after each concert and even had beers with, set up 5 cinema key lights illuminating the crowd. (He is an emerging director himself)

We are talking watts in the high 4-figure range!!!

BTW how about setting up a band the "LightStruck" in the next CPF meet? There will be Zero audience and a milllion light enginners!

Latest posts