Be careful using USPS this month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fellow flashlight lovers, please be careful using USPS. Especially this time of year. We have found that the number of delayed or even lost packages dramatically goes up with USPS this time of year.

As you may remember, we used to only offer FedEx because it is more reliable. However you guys repeatedly asked that we provide a discount shipping option. I agreed, but only on the condition that you assume the responsibility. This is why it says in bold, on our website, in several places, "We will not replace orders lost by USPS, so use at your own risk."

peter

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I think this month might be bad too. Stuff lost may not be really "lost" and become Xmas presents. Just my paranoia, maybe. The only items I have lost through USPS (priority-no insurance) was delivered via a USPS contract person, not an employee of USPS. The package never made it to its destination. Some post offices use contract workers instead of their own staff to deliver mail and packages. USPS mail deliverers in my are are USPS employees who purchase their own jeeps and get paid a handsome salary as USPS employees, with all of the benefits, health care, pensions, and upward mobility that USPS offers.

Bill

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
I think I detect a hint of sarcasm in that last sentence. My sister is a USPS carrier, my uncle is a retired US Postmaster, and three of my cousins are or have been USPS carriers. I don't recall them describing the job quite that glowingly.

Anyway, do be careful with packages this month. Insurance is worth the cost to me at this time of year.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I think I detect a hint of sarcasm in that last sentence. My sister is a USPS carrier, my uncle is a retired US Postmaster, and three of my cousins are or have been USPS carriers. I don't recall them describing the job quite that glowingly.

Anyway, do be careful with packages this month. Insurance is worth the cost to me at this time of year.

No sarcasm intended. I am very appreciative that my local carriers are USPS employees, they are paid better than the contract people, and they are more invested in what they do.

Bill

Numbers

Enlightened
How about UPS? They lost a package of mine today, not a light (but I have two coming by FedEx), a Maxpedition pouch. Hope they find it. At least it wasn't as expensive as the lights.

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
I'd also extend that warning to Fedex as well....

I ordered a DS AAA on Dec. 13, paid *extra* for TWO day fedex shipping, I was promptly emailed by Arc, with a shipment notification and tracking number, exemplary service as always from Arc.....

HOWEVER

that tracking number does not work, even today, December 19, the Fedex database claims that there is no package with that tracking number...

"Not found
No information for the following shipments has been received by our system yet. Please try again later or contact Customer Service."

So, yesterday, I called Arc, and spoke with a very nice woman over the phone, who very kindly shipped out another, at the same two day shipping level, hopefully, the light will arrive tomorrow, if/when I recieve the first one, I'll ship it back to Arc

excellent service from Arc, as always, however, fedex is beyond incompetent, they've clearly dropped the ball on this one

Caveat Emptor....

cybersoga

Newly Enlightened
I appreciate the option to ship by USPS as fedex's UK partners add a huge, disproportionate administration fee in addition to the customs charge when the package enters the UK.

Last edited:

brotherbob

Banned
Aw heck if you receive the first one just send Arc some more money and keep them both.

I'd also extend that warning to Fedex as well....

I ordered a DS AAA on Dec. 13, paid *extra* for TWO day fedex shipping, I was promptly emailed by Arc, with a shipment notification and tracking number, exemplary service as always from Arc.....

HOWEVER

that tracking number does not work, even today, December 19, the Fedex database claims that there is no package with that tracking number...

"Not found
No information for the following shipments has been received by our system yet. Please try again later or contact Customer Service."

So, yesterday, I called Arc, and spoke with a very nice woman over the phone, who very kindly shipped out another, at the same two day shipping level, hopefully, the light will arrive tomorrow, if/when I recieve the first one, I'll ship it back to Arc

excellent service from Arc, as always, however, fedex is beyond incompetent, they've clearly dropped the ball on this one

Caveat Emptor....

Status
Not open for further replies.