Ultrafire 18650 protected rechargeable batteries

Spotpuff

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have any experience with these batteries?

Fenixtactical.com has them for $36 for 2 and I was wondering if anyone had used them and knew if they were any good.

I won't be buying Tenergies again that's for sure.

A search for ultrafire 18650s just leads to posts about Ultrafire flashlights (didn't know they made both).

Mash

Enlightened
Maybe something wrong with search function, but LOTSA threads discussing almost all aspects of these batteries.

Spotpuff

Newly Enlightened
Titan are those AW batteries rechargeable though?

Fenixtactical is really close to where I live so delivery is like, a day, that's another consideration.

I didn't realize ultrafire made flashlights so when I did a search a bunch of topics were about Ultrafire flashlights powered by 18650 batteries.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, 18650's are rechargable only,as far as I know.
Titan are those AW batteries rechargeable though?

Fenixtactical is really close to where I live so delivery is like, a day, that's another consideration.

I didn't realize ultrafire made flashlights so when I did a search a bunch of topics were about Ultrafire flashlights powered by 18650 batteries.

DM51

Flashaholic
Ultrafire Li-Ion cells have an unenviable reputation - for poor quality, inconsistency and unreliability.

The link Titan1833 gives in post #3 is for AW's protected Li-Ion cells, which are very good quality and are recommended.

The figure 18650 denotes a 3.7 volt Li-Ion rechargeable cell which is 18 mm in diameter and 65 mm long. The last 0 means it is cylindrical.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ultrafire Li-Ion cells have an unenviable reputation - for poor quality, inconsistency and unreliability.

The link Titan1833 gives in post #3 is for AW's protected Li-Ion cells, which are very good quality and are recommended.

The figure 18650 denotes a 3.7 volt Li-Ion rechargeable cell which is 18 mm in diameter and 65 mm long. The last 0 means it is cylindrical.
DM51,thanks for the better explaination.

qadsan

Newly Enlightened
I believe LG has a good reputation with their 18650 batteries. Battery Junction (site supporter) sells 2 different models of LG 18650's (2400 mah & 2200 mah) for a reasonable price. And you can enter coupon code CPF2006 for an additional 5% off.

AW's batteries are a great choice and plenty of people here on CPF have good things to say about his batteries and his customer service.

Ultrafire lists some very high capacities for their batteries and their prices are very attractive, but I'm not a huge fan of their batteries for a number of reasons. Their actual capacity is often way lower than advertised. There appears to be too much inconsistancy between cells. And chances you'll get some DOA's if you order a dozen or more of their batteries. They're not known as being the most reliable battery, but they're probably the least expensive battery you'll find.

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone have any experience with these batteries?

Fenixtactical.com has them for $36 for 2 and I was wondering if anyone had used them and knew if they were any good.

I won't be buying Tenergies again that's for sure.

A search for ultrafire 18650s just leads to posts about Ultrafire flashlights (didn't know they made both).

I checked Fenixtactical.com site and they have AW batteries on pictures there! But titles say Ultrafire.. You should ask them what brand they really sell. http://fenixtactical.com/ultrafire-products.html#18650-battery

Last edited:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
There is a current thread about the Ultrfire 18650 proteccted rechargeable batteries in the battery forum here on CPF. Several good posts and SilverFox responded also. Look it up. Welcome to CPF, where information is just a search away.

Bill

deathkenli

Newly Enlightened
They are not those crappy Ultrafire from DX.

These "Ultrafire" cells on FenixTactical are $36 for two. But the photo on FT showing they are AW cells.....