Light to wear on neck chain

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I have and am starting to wear again a decent chain necklace.

I find the ARC AAA to be a very nice size and weight, but it ain't NEARLY bright enough.

What is a simple not blinding AAA light that can hang from a lobster clip from the chain?

This is because when I take off my work clothes I don't have a light on me and that HAS to change!

Saiga

Enlightened
I'm carrying around a fenix P1 ce (cree). Cost me about $39 ,shipped, from the fenixstore (using cpf discout). it's light and small and blows everyone away. Very simple on/off twisty, one cr123, 90 lumens.You'd have a difficult time selling me on anything else for an EDC.

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
draco or drake
best edc ever
I'll ditto that, I'm in love with my Draco on a neck chain. But if I were looking for something similar at a lower cost I would look at a Fenix L0D CE. I don't have one yet, but like the P1D CE except for the large diameter. I keep having to talk myself out of getting an L0D CE "just in case" I find a need for it.

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
L0D would still be too large for me to be comfortable. I could probably tolerate a Photon which should be OK for short, intermittent useage.

I'll be interested in other opinions, too. I'd like something like this as a fall-back for an upcoming wilderness trip.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am with Big Iron, anything larger than a L0P or L0D would be too large with that being on the large size. Better size would be a Photon, which is what I would choose for urban every day. For something for a canoe/wilderness trip I would probably go with the L0P (over the L0d for its cheaper price in case of loss) for its edge in light for trails at night.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Come to think of it my Dad has a new (Inova?) microlight with 4 functions and at it's highest level is pretty darn bright.

Is not the LOP (and I wish to get a LOP SE one day) about the size of an ARC AAA?

I have a P1 hanging there right now and it's pretty big for that.

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, the L0D is larger than the ARCaaa both in length and diameter. The Jetu is a hair longer and about the same diameter.

The Microlight, without it's OEM clip, would be a pretty good option.

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
....Is not the LOP (and I wish to get a LOP SE one day) about the size of an ARC AAA? .....
I just did some quick measurements and the L0P-SE is 1/16" larger in diameter and 1/8" longer than the Arc AAA.

If you want a L0P-SE with moderate keychain wear along the edges of the flats, I'll send you one for free. :santa: Just PM me your address.

(That will give me an excuse to get the L0D CE) :devil:

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
You ask for a non-blinding light, but the 9 lumens of the Arc AAA DS is not nearly bright enough?!? What are your requirements?

Marduke

Flashaholic
I just did some quick measurements and the L0P-SE is 1/16" larger in diameter and 1/8" longer than the Arc AAA.

If you want a L0P-SE with moderate keychain wear along the edges of the flats, I'll send you one for free. :santa: Just PM me your address.

If he doesn't want it, my wife would like it.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm another who thinks most of the suggestions would be way too big/heavy to wear around my neck. If it's bigger than a Photon it won't go on my neck. Ya'll must have necks of steel!

Last edited:

Bullzaye

Newly Enlightened
I'll second (or third, whatever we're up to) the Draco/Drake. I EDC'ed an ALU Draco around my neck attached to a Titanium HAK for about a year before I obtained a Ti Drake. Now it hangs from the HAK which is dangling from the chain around my neck. It's perfect, IMO! It's tiny, feather-light, can be super-bright or can be set to quite dim for long runtime. The only fly in the ointment is that they ain't giving them away! But, I love mine!!!
Tim

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow, it must be Christmas!
I bought a L0PCE from the Garage Sale but it's for xmas and I won't get it until then. I did take the dog out with it, and it's very cool, alot of light for such a small package.
Playboy, did you consider trying to find a Firefli ZA-4?
http://www.imagometrics.com/FLReviews/FireFli_1.htm
I wear one on a necklace and it's perfect for me, extremely small, bright enough for its intended purpose. If this is too dim, go for a Wee, they look incredible!

Vikas Sontakke

Enlightened

I know that does not sound much of a difference in dimension but why doesn't other manufacturers have been able to make AAA light with Arc size?

- Vikas

Ice

Enlightened
You might want to consider that many lights have their attachement hole not in the center (like e.g. the Arc-AAA) but somewhere off-center (like the L0D or the Draco), so the light will not hang vertically but in some angle, which might be a little less comfortable to wear.

Latest posts