SF M2 and Malkoff M60

ghurka

Newly Enlightened
I recently purchased a Malkoff M60 for use in my SF M2. Subsequent to my purchase, the Malkoff website has been updated with a notice stating a "bronze fitting ring" is required for use in the M2. What's the purpose of the ring? My M60 seemed to work just fine in the M2 without the ring.

Does the ring install between the bezel and M60 or the M60 and the body?

Gene, great product! Please make more.

IMGP2854.jpg

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Between M60 and body to remedy possible contact issues. Turn on the light and whack yourself in the hand with it sharply a dozen times, if it doesn't flicker or go out then you must not need a ring.

djblank87

Enlightened
Between M60 and body to remedy possible contact issues. Turn on the light and whack yourself in the hand with it sharply a dozen times, if it doesn't flicker or go out then you must not need a ring.

+1 on Sgt. LED suggestion and if you do have any problems just give Gene a ring on the phone or email him and he will take care of any problem you have. He always does.

brunt_sp

Enlightened
The Malkoff M60 Q2 used to come with a spring to make the contact in metal bodied lights like the M2. I wonder why this is no longer supplied.
I see that the shape of his Q4 and Q5 is very different with no ledge for a spring to fit, so perhaps that is the reason. I also note that the Bugoutgear website mentions a contact ring and you specify if you intend to use the dropin for the M2.

mfrey

Enlightened
FWIW, the outer contact spring from the Q2 version works fine with the geometry of the new module design (Q4 to present) if you lack a contact ring.