Fenix T1 clip is removable

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
In case you haven't been watching the review thread, see this post:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2263490&postcount=99

In this thread:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/181629&page=4

Mag85142.jpg

Mine came off the same way, the bezel came off with suprisingly little effort, just twist it by hand and didn't even have to grunt. T1 is so much nicer without the clip, and some grip tape around battery tube (electrical tape in my case).

carmatic

Newly Enlightened
why doesnt mine come off? Like if i use pliers on the clip all i end up with is alot of heat from the friction between my left palm and the head...

phenwick

Newly Enlightened
I removed mine and bent it so it doesn't rub the barrel and replaced it. Easier to bend off the light, rather than on it. Mine also twisted off by hand.

djblank87

Enlightened
Hey didn't I take that picture..............;):D

Just kidding jzmtl, thanks for posting it up. It is true guys, the head of the T1 is glued which is a blue color. When I first got mine I grabbed body of the light with my right hand and turned the bezel/head with my left and she loosend right up no problem.

The clip will come off with no tools required and you do not have to bend the clip to get it off just pull it off. It will also go back toghter the same way and in the end it should preserve the unit in it regular form and not damage a single thing.

If it feels tight on there it is supposed to due to the glue but just give it a good twist ..........No Grunting Required.........to quote someone else. :crackup:

cmichael

Newly Enlightened
Powernoodlemanforce .............:crackup: your killing me........:grin2:

But powernoodle is the man that snapped his clip right off when he first got his light and that is a brave task.

I try sooo hard to get it off, but I can't, you must have a strong grip

nanoWatt

Newly Enlightened
Yay, that's a relief. Since there's a carry pouch anyway, I don't see the need, at least for me, for the clip.

I just hope I don't have to WD40 it to get the head off. Of course, there's always heating it up with a hairdryer to expand the casing.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
WD 40 wouldn't help as everything is o ring sealed, heat might. It appears to be blue locktite, or something similar.

garence

Newly Enlightened
Does this involve a full head disassembly? I'm wondering because I saw on this mentioned on the usage/maintenance write-up for the T1:

Usage and Maintenance

• Please do not disassemble the sealed part in the head of the flashlight; doing so will void the warranty. It will also damage the flashlight or hamper the flashlight's function.

Darkpower

Newly Enlightened
:shakehead

Mine won't budge. I can't get enough of a grip on the head and the battery tube un-threads. I don't want to use any tools because I don't want to marr the finish. But I hate that clip. I can hear the clip rasping on the textured surface of the battery tube when I change ligthing mode from hi to lo and vice versa.

djblank87

Enlightened
Does this involve a full head disassembly? I'm wondering because I saw on this mentioned on the usage/maintenance write-up for the T1:

Usage and Maintenance
  • Please do not disassemble the sealed part in the head of the flashlight; doing so will void the warranty. It will also damage the flashlight or hamper the flashlight's function.

I do not know if it voids the warranty as I'm sure it could if Fenix states so like you have posted above.

But either way I do not see how anything I have done has damaged the light at all. It still preforms as advertised so really I guess it is do so at your own risk.

Frank_Zuccarini

Newly Enlightened
Fenix T1 Disassembly Question

Starting from the rear of a T1, you have the tailcap, which unscrews from the barrel, which unscrews from the light engine/clip section, which does not unscrew from the head, which does unscrews from the stainless steel bezel.

Has anyone successfully separated the light engine/clip section from the head, so that the clip could be removed in a non-destructive manner? Does heat and a bunch of torque work?

Thanks...................Frank

Frank_Zuccarini

Newly Enlightened
Re: Fenix T1 Disassembly Question

Thank-you, GreenLED. That's all I need to know.

I've been checking every day, but missed that post this morning.

Again, thanks.

Frank

greenLED

Flashaholic
Re: Fenix T1 Disassembly Question

:thanks: for the merge!

I just tried with my supergreenLEDweaknessstrenght, and couldn't open the head on the T1 I have.

garence

Newly Enlightened
If you're having trouble getting the head off the T1, try using rubber gloves or just two pieces of rubber. That way you don't risk marring the surface.