How much damage did I do

Katdaddy

Enlightened
OK, I'm an idiot!
I received my Fivemega battery holder and other goodies for my Mag85 this morning. :party:I immediately installed batteries in the holder and put everything in the light to fire her up. No light??? And then the tube starts to get warm. This can't be good! I unscrewed the end cap and dumped the batteries. Hot as a firecracker. :eek:At this point I realized I left the male charging adaptor in the pack when I put it in the light. :oops:
Did I mention I'm an idiot? I pulled the batteries from the holder and allowed it to cool down. I see no apparent damage to the holder. I installed a fresh set of batteries and tried again. Success!!! Now I can't wait for dark so I can see just how bright this thing really is.
Now all this leads up to a question. Did I destroy the first set of batteries I had in the holder?

PS- Please try not to point and laugh at the dumb@ss who just wanted a bright flashlight.

BVH

Flashaholic
Being NiMH's I wouldn't worry about having discharged them at a rather high rate. If they charge and work ok in you rlights, then use them. If they had been Lithium's, I would have tossed them.

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think you should use a rechargeable for a homopolar motor. The wire would probably get too hot to touch in a few seconds.