New guy. doing some >$50 shopping

xj4play

Newly Enlightened
Im looking to pick up a couple led lights as gifts and one for myself. Ive seen the dealextreme website and the w800 looks good. I just need some thing simple , decent run time, off the shelf batteries, and something that when you turn it on it shocks people. it will mostly be used at range. sorry for being such a newb. Last year I gave everyone those brinkmann max fire 2 cr123 lights. so this year i need something different. Thanks in advance.

xj4play

Newly Enlightened
Size doesnt matter, just as long as its not one of those huge plastic lights that say 18 million candle power, anything smaller then a 6Cell mag light will be fine.

These will be used while jeepin, so mostly will be used to light up around the trail so i want to say maybe 100 yards or so.

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Highly unlikely you'll get anything from HongKong in time for Christmas. Not dissing the HK guys -- just not enough time for shipping.

You might check some of the domestic CPF supporters to see what they have available.

Last edited:

meuge

Enlightened
Im looking to pick up a couple led lights as gifts and one for myself. Ive seen the dealextreme website and the w800 looks good. I just need some thing simple , decent run time, off the shelf batteries, and something that when you turn it on it shocks people. it will mostly be used at range. sorry for being such a newb. Last year I gave everyone those brinkmann max fire 2 cr123 lights. so this year i need something different. Thanks in advance.

At the $50 price point, you'd probably be better off sticking with Fenix. As always, the default is the L2D-CE Q5... with its powerful beam and ability to take AA batteries.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
DX has some great deals but they do take a while to ship. If you buy now, chances are you will get the product next year.

A Fenix would do fine(though might not have the throw you need) and should get to you ontime.

xj4play

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the help. Right now im looking at the p3d premium, at least for myself and one other person. The new TF looks interesting and definitely in the price range. I just hope they will fit the application.