Which LED Keylights to buy?

Beaver_2

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, I was thinking of getting some LED keylights for Christmas gifts. However there is a plethora of them on ebay. I have no idea which ones are any good or not. I have a PT Impulse which is pretty nice, but its a little expensive and has too many modes for the average user. I saw this on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/10-Pack-FOCUSED...yZ106987QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Sounds like a pretty good deal. But I'm afraid its a little too cheap and therefore won't be very durable. Where some good inexpensive ones(Under $10 each) to buy?
Thanks very much for your help.
-Beaver 2

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://www.photonlight.com/LED-Keychain-Flashlights-s/1.htm

The Photon II is my personal favorite. You can probably find them for a little less if you look around.

The Inova Microlight (Target, etc) is a good light for <$10.

The ebay lights you reference really aren't bad for the $$, at least the ones I got from DX.

Stick around, you'll get a bunch of opinions and references.

edit - I can't keep up with all the rules. If posting that link is not allowed, somebody please delete it.

Last edited:

Marduke

Flashaholic
For handouts, these or these are probably your best bet. However, there is absolutely no chance of getting them before Christmas at this point from HK. That includes those ones you linked on ebay. Even with EMS shipping, there is little chance of it making it to the states in time.

B&M, the Inova Microlight for ~$6 might be best. Target and Academy Sports sells them. However, they are a bit larger.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Where are you located?

BTW, that's an awful deal for the squeeze lights. They should be $.47 each, not $3. Total ripoff.

1 what

Enlightened
I vote for the Inova Microlight. It's well built, makes a reasonable ammount of light, works well and wears well. The Photon Rex feels like a brick in your pocket:thumbsdow. The Photon Freedom Micro:grin2: would be better if you want to go photon..

Beaver_2

Newly Enlightened
$3 is riduculous for the those cheap aluminum battery lights.
I'm going to order the better quality Inova ones.
Thanks so much for your advice and help guys.
-Beaver 2