I just got a KX2 and P60L from Surefire

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The P60L is beautiful. Nice cold white light, a very hint of blue. Typical LED light. I replaced a BOG Cree Premium with it. The BOG module will go into my wifes G2 to replace a BOG Lux III module. The BOG Lux III module will go to her coworker who has a G2. Very nice beam pattern and brightness. I am sacrificing color rendition for runtime.

The verdict is still out on the KX2. It is bright and throws very well. But the tint is noticabley green. Dare I say cat urine green? But it is kind of attractive in its own way. Where the rest of my LEDs are on the bluish side, save for my Arc LSH-S which is definitely purple, it does not really bother me. I shall see how it works at night. My father and brother did not think it is a big deal but then again they are not flashaholics. I cobbled together a pretty cool pocket light with it. It sports an E2 body and one of the light colored McClicky tailcaps Lighthound has discounted. The LED appears to be sitting at the base of a smooth reflector. There is no pronounced lense like the KL1.

I realize I am late to this party but what the heck.

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
The verdict is still out on the KX2... The LED appears to be sitting at the base of a smooth reflector. There is no pronounced lense like the KL1.
It has a TIR optic not a reflector.
I suggest that the KX2 really shines when you need to make use of the runtime.

da.gee

Enlightened
I suggest that the KX2 really shines when you need to make use of the runtime.

Which is exactly why I purchased the E2L. Knowing you have nine hours of runtime at 45 Surefire lumens is a good thing.