Opportunities to promote the flashlight hobby

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I teach emergency communications here on Cape Cod and the Islands. Recently we have been asked to provide this training to local and regional CERT (Community Emergency Response Teams). It was interesting to note the amazing interest in flashlights when I added a segment on lights to the presentation. I asked who carries a light every day? Amazingly about 70% had a light on them. Most were minimags and the like. They sure were shocked when I brought out the Cree lights :grin2:. I guess its just another opportunity to spread the word. Take it, when you can.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spread the good word, amen. I live in an area prone to power outages, and I'm always looking for ways to get people to at least keep a light in their rooms.

jugg2

Enlightened
I am trying to convert two of my friends. One is almost there, but the other would rather just borrow my lights...

Glock40

Newly Enlightened
Be sure to always keep a couple off 99 cent Wal Mart specials for the friends that want to borrow your lights.

JohnB

Newly Enlightened
I have some friends that borrow from time to time.

It seems to me that most Hunters, Sportsman or professionals who use lights regularly are borderline flashaholics. They may not collect but they appreciate a good light. Generally it's not hard for them to convert.