Seeking opinions Stick with my Arc AAA or switch to Fenix E0?

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
What do you guys think?
I've had my AAA LE for years, but I know that the E0 is brighter.
My main criteria fro a keychain light (where I carry my Arc) is runtime first, then size, then battery type (I want to stay with AAA).
From my understanding the Fenix has a longer runtime? I tried searches but not getting good results:confused:.
Arc is perfect size, how does it compare to the E0?
Looking forward to everyone's input.:twothumbs

Marduke

Flashaholic

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you haven't had any trouble with your Arc running out of battery, I'd go for the new Arc-P. It's still not certain if Fenix will upgrade the E0 emitter to a DS, but that would be a pleasant surprise (maybe in a few months?).

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees
Have you considered the new Lumapower Avenger? With a 5 lumen low that goes for up to 20 hours and the option of a high mode comparable to a Fenix LOD Q2 with about 150 minute runtime this is shaping up to be a promising light. Mine should arrive any day now...:popcorn:

While it offers the option of using 10440 cells, I will use an Eneloop with more pragmatic intentions.

I also have an Arc AAA P-DS and KD SSC AAA buckle light, but I expect the Avenger to find a lot of use due to the two levels of output, long runtime possible on low, and good color rendition with a Rebel 100.

arty

Enlightened
I would not be so sure that the EO is brighter. Mine is pretty dim, and my ARC p is MUCH brighter.
I have the older version that is going for <$30.
I would not trade ARC reliability for a Fenix. I have them both, and would much rather have an ARC or Peak in my pocket.
Peak is still running a 20% off sale, and so you might consider the Matterhorn.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Upgrade your Arc-LE with the latest version Arc-AAA DS. There's been much improvements in the light since youi're LE. The tint will be much better, you'll have brighter light and your runtime will be at least the same as what you have now.

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
Appreciate the info so far.
If there was a way to remain within the form factor of the Arc, but exceed the runtime (x2?) I would be in heaven.
My current Arc rarely gets used, its mainly my "Just in case of getting stuck somewhere in the dark for a LONG LONG time" light.

Lumapower looks very interesting, but I feel its more of a daily use item. The Peak "peaks" (sorry had to) my interest with its 12hr runtime, but is that acurrate?

The Fenix is drawing my attention with its advertised 11hr runtime + 9hr moonmode.
Could someone post a pic of an Arc and a E0 side by side for comparison?

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
The E0 is not much brighter than an old Arc, but the beam is much smoother. I carry an E0 in my pocket, and the Arc on the keychain. The long regulated runtime of the E0 is what sold me, and I've not been disappointed.

Geoff

Marduke

Flashaholic
The E0 starts out dimmer than the Arc using a CS, but because of the flat regulation, it ends up being brighter for most of the runtime over the Arc w/CS