Flicker in my Olight. Comments please

trapn1

Newly Enlightened
Just received my Olight T20 special edition, and on high 205 lm. the flicker is terrible. Is this common with the xre led? I contacted BatteryJunction and asked to send it back. I haven't heard from them yet but I don't see where there would be a problem. I would like to try another one but if they all have that flicker I'll have to go to another light. Anyone else have this prob? Thanks, George

trapn1

Newly Enlightened
Everthing is tight and fresh batteries. Is there a minimum Mah battery I should use? I have an offbrand battery they measure 3.0v I'm going to get some SF batteries tomorrow. Thanks for the input. George

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
Everthing is tight and fresh batteries. Is there a minimum Mah battery I should use? I have an offbrand battery they measure 3.0v I'm going to get some SF batteries tomorrow. Thanks for the input. George
If you are using fresh batts,then I would suggest you pm olightworld here's a link .
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=168801

Out of interest do you have any 3.7v RCR123 rechargables.

Edit: you could also pm MattK from batt junc.

Last edited:

BillG

Newly Enlightened
mine doesn't flicker at all. i'd suggest waiting till you try a name brand cell before returning it. Matt's service is excellent in case u have to return it though.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine only flickers when the batteries are week or the light is in the strobe mode. I'm sure you realize both of these. If you have tried fresh batteries and tapped the switch to change modes then is sounds like the light needs to go back for replacement.

I really like mine. I had it for over a month with no problems.

Good luck.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
BillG - Thanks! :)

George - Per my PM if the light is working perfectly on a quality battery like the Surefire's and is only flickering with the Digilight CR123A's then it seems clear to me you have a bad cell or 2 and I would suggest immediately removing those cells from the light if installed and disposing of them - it sounds like 1-2 of those Digilight cells is defective and this can be potentially quite dangerous.

Also, you did not mention how you're measuring 3V but I'm guessing that you're using a multimeter or 'cheap' battery tester?

Please be aware that batteries, of any type, cannot be effectively tested with a multimeter as a multimeter does not induce a load so the results are largely meaningless - you need dedicated tester that induces a load to have any sirt of accurate indication of battery life - particularly in a li-ion cell which shows little voltage dissipation unless significantly discharged.

trapn1

Newly Enlightened
Well my apologies to Olight and Battery Junction. The T20 works flawlessley with new SF batteries and clean threads and contacts. Should have done that myself, I kinda feel like a DA. Thanks for everyones help. esp. the folks at BAtt Junction. You guys are top notch and I apologize for any disparaging remarks. George