Everyone has their own flashlight/ Flashaholic thouts

ScubaSnyder

Enlightened
Everyone has their own flashlight:

Think about it....! People collect things every day... Stamps, Coins/currency, Baseball/Football cards, Movies, Rocks, spoons, thimbles, paintings, insects, FLASHLIGHTS, knives, watches, swords, wine....

Flashaholic thoughts

~You wait for a power outage at work

~You have enough rechargable and primary batteries to last you throughout a nuclear winter.

~You think a flashlight is a good gift for anyone...try the wife/gf LOL:mad:

~ Do you still have numerous lights in the package because you have at least 5 of them?

~Do you polish your Ti, NS, chrome, SS lights regularly?

~Do you have more flashlights at your house then your entire counties police department?

~Do you question yourself about buying a $ 500 flashlight?

~You tell the difference between a P4 and a Q2!

~Not only do you have a white cree led but you have amber, cyan, UV, Red, Orange ect.

~Your neighbors often think that you are possibly being abducted by aliens every time the UPS(any mail company) comes during the day.

~Your significant other... Need I say more

~Would you normally know what tritium tubes were?...Don't tell anyone its a radioactive isotope and everything will be ok...

~Wow im getting a christmas bonus....(Thought in head"Damn that Ti Mcgizmo PD 27 looks sweet for $ 500+)

I am sure this has been done before but damn if your not addicted...THEN WHY ARE YOU READING THIS!!

Another though Aspherical lens for a Q5 2 AWcr123 light.... Oh it would be nice.

Tubor

Enlightened
Ha Ha! Fortunately I'm not rich enough to go fully flashlight mad, not yet anyway. I do give them away a lot though (I think most people I know know what they're getting for Christmas!). :twothumbs

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't normally want power outages to happen, as much of my schoolwork depends on my printer functioning. But when stormy situations arise, I don't really worry, as I am sitting in what is essentially a large box full of flashlights and batteries.

jugg2

Enlightened
I can't wait for power outages; all the people who question you about carrying a flashlight are then dependent on you.:laughing: I don't really have the money to go crazy with lights yet, but I am trying.;)

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Flashaholic thoughts

Considering I work at a big @$$ power plant, an outage would likely mean that the whole Northeast coast of America would be sharing in my "delight."

I answered "no" to a few other questions, but it's obvious I'm addicted. When I finally went back to a full-time job assignment last week, my happiest thoughts were of being able to go back to buying more lights! :twothumbs

Akita

Newly Enlightened
:crackup: Very funny !!!

If you answer yes to only one...you are definitely hooked.

"So...you want in your face,scorching light huh ?"

"All righty then....Opps...I didn't mean to set your shrubs on fire...,but you asked :>)"

:D:D

Last edited:

Burgess

Flashaholic
as CPF'er NA8 wrote recently --

Flashlights are like Golf Clubs.

You really need an entire set of 'em.

:thumbsup:
_

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eh, not really.

~You have enough rechargable and primary batteries to last you throughout a nuclear winter.
Very true. I have a drawer dedicated to batteries alone.

~You think a flashlight is a good gift for anyone
Almost anyone. :p

~ Do you still have numerous lights in the package because you have at least 5 of them?
What do you mean, "in the package"?

~Do you polish your Ti, NS, chrome, SS lights regularly?
No. I care not for the appearance of my things.

~Do you have more flashlights at your house then your entire counties police department?
No.

~Do you question yourself about buying a $ 500 flashlight?
No, but that's because I wouldn't ever buy a $500 flashlight.

~You tell the difference between a P4 and a Q2!
Q2 I don't know. Q5 yes...

~Not only do you have a white cree led but you have amber, cyan, UV, Red, Orange ect.
Gave a thought to that, then realized I didn't need them.

~Your neighbors often think that you are possibly being abducted by aliens every time the UPS(any mail company) comes during the day.
Possibly. :p

~Your significant other... Need I say more
My significant other... what?

~Would you normally know what tritium tubes were?...Don't tell anyone its a radioactive isotope and everything will be ok...
Yes. I used to have a glowing tritium keychain. I'd give it to people to play around with, and when they'd ask what was inside I'd tell them "oh, it's just radioactive tritium", and watch in amusement as they suddenly behaved as if they had a red-hot piece of plutonium in their hands. Two people actually dropped the keychain, whereupon I screamed "are you INSANE?! If that thing breaks we'll all get contaminated!". It was fun :D

~Wow im getting a christmas bonus....(Thought in head"Damn that Ti Mcgizmo PD 27 looks sweet for $ 500+)
Not really.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Quoted:

Two people actually dropped the keychain, whereupon I screamed "are you INSANE?!
If that thing breaks we'll all get contaminated!". It was fun :D

That line actually made me Laugh Out Loud ! ! !

:lolsign::lolsign::lolsign:
_

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Quoted:

Two people actually dropped the keychain, whereupon I screamed "are you INSANE?!
If that thing breaks we'll all get contaminated!". It was fun :D

That line actually made me Laugh Out Loud ! ! !

:lolsign::lolsign::lolsign:
_

Ah.... That's just wrong! :crackup:

hopkins

Enlightened
I'm really the opposite on value.
Will buy the cheapest lights and modify them until they 'throw'
or until they die.
Anyway its just a hobby right?:naughty:

cal..45

Enlightened
Everyone has their own flashlight:

Think about it....! People collect things every day... Stamps, Coins/currency, Baseball/Football cards, Movies, Rocks, spoons, thimbles, paintings, insects, FLASHLIGHTS, knives, watches, swords, wine....

Flashaholic thoughts

~You wait for a power outage at work [would certainly be great, but almost never happens over here...:sigh:]

~You have enough rechargable and primary batteries to last you throughout a nuclear winter. [well, I just bought 6 CR123 rechargeables and I have lots of NiMh's does that qualify me for nw?]

~You think a flashlight is a good gift for anyone...try the wife/gf LOL:mad:
[indeed I bought a fenix P2D for my gf as a x-mas present, although she claims the 1,50€ led on her keyring is enough light, but we will see....]
~ Do you still have numerous lights in the package because you have at least 5 of them? [not in my package but always two on my belt]

~Do you polish your Ti, NS, chrome, SS lights regularly?[no ,because I HATE shiny metals/surfaces, therefore don't have any]

~Do you have more flashlights at your house then your entire counties police department?[I don't know, but I probably gonna check it out :sick2:]

~Do you question yourself about buying a $ 500 flashlight? [no, absolutely no way. as far as I like torches, I always must have an excellent value for money. its the same with home electronics, cars or watches.]

~You tell the difference between a P4 and a Q2! [no, because I haven't seen neither one in the flesh yet]

~Not only do you have a white cree led but you have amber, cyan, UV, Red, Orange ect.[right now only my whitest withe - a Q5 and one with yellowish coloration a rebel 100]

~Your neighbors often think that you are possibly being abducted by aliens every time the UPS(any mail company) comes during the day. [no comment :nana: ]

~Your significant other... Need I say more [no comment either :sssh: ]

~Would you normally know what tritium tubes were?...Don't tell anyone its a radioactive isotope and everything will be ok...[lol, actually I love to tell people my tritium keyring is radioactive, especially when they hold it in their hands, the views and reactions of some are just priceless....:devil: ]

~Wow im getting a christmas bonus....(Thought in head"Damn that Ti Mcgizmo PD 27 looks sweet for $ 500+) [like I said, no 500 bucks lamps for me, but I certainly think about a tiablo, lumapower or dereelight...]

I am sure this has been done before but damn if your not addicted...THEN WHY ARE YOU READING THIS!! [keep asking that myself....:welcome:]

Another though Aspherical lens for a Q5 2 AWcr123 light.... Oh it would be nice.
[yes, interesting at minimum...]

regards, holger