What Would Batman Do....

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay ill admit, this is semi off topic, but it IS flashlight related...

I just glanced at the TV, batman the animated series is playing from my dvd player..and batman was holding a flashlight..

so, the million dollar question, what flashlight, specific model, do YOU think he would use?

this would have to fit in his belt, so its EDC class...

Crenshaw

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think all of his other stuff was one of a kind custom stuff (including the Batplane - and don't you think THAT was expensive...). So I'd guess his flashlight would probably be, too.

Me, I'd probably just get a Fenix P3D with a tactical switch, machine off the tail standing ring, have it fully knurled, have it reanodized with whatever they use on the M16, and keep the head screwed down... And if I had to build another Batplane, I'd probably build it around a surplus A-10 since I think he mostly does ground attack and you can't go supersonic over CONUS without attracting attention. I like the A10...:grin2:

Last edited:

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
Okay ill admit, this is semi off topic, but it IS flashlight related...

I just glanced at the TV, batman the animated series is playing from my dvd player..and batman was holding a flashlight..

so, the million dollar question, what flashlight, specific model, do YOU think he would use?

this would have to fit in his belt, so its EDC class...

Crenshaw
Obviously, Milky's Gotham, probably with a slip-on SureFire F-BS BatSignal filter
;)

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
II'd probably build it around a surplus A-10 since I think he mostly does ground attack and you can't go supersonic over CONUS without attracting attention. I like the A10...:grin2:
but he is all about stealth too, so...F-117A maybe? or maybe F-22, haha
but yeah, most of his stuff could probably be custom made...
"they'll have to be large orders sir, to avoid suspision"

Obviously, Milky's Gotham, probably with a slip-on SureFire F-BS BatSignal filter
;)
would he really need to summon himself :p

Crenshaw

AlexSchira

Enlightened
Just broke out my Comic Encyclopedia. Apparently, he currently uses an LED hidden in the finger of his glove. The old model, was a little rechargable penlight that did white, ultraviolet, etc. It had this rubberized piece so he could bite it for hands-free. To be honest, I thought of it when I first heard of the Proton, but it seems a bit bulky for that. It's basically a Solitaire on steroids.

Saiga

Enlightened
I see him with something kinda large and clunky,space-age looking,black, and powerful. Gotta be a tiablo with crenelated bezel.

AlexSchira

Enlightened
Those comics were done back in the day when LEDs were space age, funny how our standard gear is miles ahead of it. I've had people joke about my hoarding my stuff in case there's a police strike and they need vigilantes. Funny thing is, I've made comic costumes for parties before, sometimes I look at it at think of how to improve is based on my fighting background and my gear knowledge. One thing I always liked about Nightwing, whom is girly-boy Robin grown up into the secret lust of every female who reads comics, is that he distributes his gear across his body instead of relying on the belt. He used escrima sticks similar to ASP batons that could fold into these wrist-gauntlets, along with extras along his ankles. I like to think that some one with an active background redesigned the Bat-gadget concept to be more realistic with Nightwing.

One thing to think about in a mroe comical context...Let's say he leaves a Kroma or Beast behind after a rough night. Those things are usually ID-numbered, even if he filed it off those things are rare enough to narrow down the resources. If it were me, I'd have a little fleet of cheaper, personally modded lights on hand that the average cop or thug wouldn't look twice at. I'd be screwed if a CPF LEO recognized it and declared the suspect to be a flashaholic, but it'd make more sense than a rare super-light few know about.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with Nerdgineer. If any of us were in charge of Wayne Enterprises, would we settle for something alread on the market? No. Why does Batman have the Batmobile instead of a Crown Vic? Because he can. I'm sure Bruce would have the light designed in secret so it also has a grappling hook built into it.

Bulbboy

Newly Enlightened
I thought he didn't need a flashlight as he could see in the dark.
When talking to the Riddler:
I see without seeing. To me, darkness is as clear as daylight. What am I?

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah, but he ISNT a bat..haha..i mean, if you are a fan of the old animated series, i think one of those flashlight scenes is pretty iconic...you know, the one where he is looking for files in the office building of some big corporations..:D

Actually i seem him with modified LOD, with something like 200lumens out the front due to special top secret "not in production in anyway whatsoever" wayne tech LEDs..and it would be a clicky version, because despite the need for quiet, you always hear him click the light on...

Crenshaw

Brozneo

Enlightened
If I were him I'd go for a space age Kroma or U2.... Like the SF Beast's output / runtime in the U2 package - awesome!

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
LogoLenserBat.jpg

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Damn!
That's pretty cool. Wonder how it works on distance, or is there a set distance?

And about Batman. The original grittier (which they come back to in modern days) Batman would definitely NOT use a flashlight. Come on, he thrives in the darkness and use it as an advantage. I can see him using NV, but nothing more.
If we're talking about the campier tv-version, I can see him using any flashlight, as long as it looks futuristic or in somekind of batshape.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Damn!
That's pretty cool. Wonder how it works on distance, or is there a set distance?

And about Batman. The original grittier (which they come back to in modern days) Batman would definitely NOT use a flashlight. Come on, he thrives in the darkness and use it as an advantage. I can see him using NV, but nothing more.
If we're talking about the campier tv-version, I can see him using any flashlight, as long as it looks futuristic or in somekind of batshape.

im sorry, christian bale does a great job, but IMO, and its a very strong one, Kevin Conroy is THE definitive Batman, nothing, although Bale came close, beats The Bruce Timm and Kevin Conroy Batman.And in that series, batman has a light. If you think about it, why not? sure he can have night vision, but i still think he can have a flashlight. Im not talking about a campy yellow coloured "bat-flashlight" with massive bat insignia on it. I did enjoy watching that as a kid, but i think over all its almost in insult to the idea of batman...(ALMOST). By the way, what do you define as the "original" batman?

Sigman, either i have been drinking too much or.....:laughing:

Crenshaw

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
im sorry, christian bale does a great job, but IMO, and its a very strong one, Kevin Conroy is THE definitive Batman, nothing, although Bale came close, beats The Bruce Timm and Kevin Conroy Batman.And in that series, batman has a light. If you think about it, why not? sure he can have night vision, but i still think he can have a flashlight. Im not talking about a campy yellow coloured "bat-flashlight" with massive bat insignia on it. I did enjoy watching that as a kid, but i think over all its almost in insult to the idea of batman...(ALMOST). By the way, what do you define as the "original" batman?

Sigman, either i have been drinking too much or.....:laughing:

Crenshaw

Well my friend, we can always agree to disagree. :)
You and me seems to have a very different upbringing on Batman. I read the comics(Frank Miller was the favorite) most when I was little, never saw the tv-shows(they showed the campy one with Adam West though....).

I never heard of Bruce Timm and Kevin Conroy, but guessing they are the voices in the animated series? I have seen bits from the animated series, and actually liked what I saw. A lot. Haven't got time to check it out more closely though. It's much closer to the batman I prefer, and pretty dark even though it still is a "kids" show.

Christian Bale did a AWESOME job, but he's not the perfect Batman for me. I dont think anybody will be the perfect Batman. Maybe some great actor who's previously not that famous so you can associate him only with the role of Batman.

When I was talking about the original Batman I was talking about the ORIGINAL Batman, with other words Bob Kane's Batman. I haven't read any, but apparently, he was quite violent, gritty and generally more adult in those days.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman#Early_years
And I might have been going ahead of myself and used harsher words than necessary, the original Batman might have used lights, since I havent read it. And of course, any Batman could use lights. But the kind of Batman I like, don't use lights. He's doesn't see darkness as a nuisance or are afraid of the darkness, he's the thing you should be afraid of in the darkness. :)

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well my friend, we can always agree to disagree. :)
You and me seems to have a very different upbringing on Batman. I read the comics(Frank Miller was the favorite) most when I was little, never saw the tv-shows(they showed the campy one with Adam West though....).

I never heard of Bruce Timm and Kevin Conroy, but guessing they are the voices in the animated series? I have seen bits from the animated series, and actually liked what I saw. A lot. Haven't got time to check it out more closely though. It's much closer to the batman I prefer, and pretty dark even though it still is a "kids" show.

Christian Bale did a AWESOME job, but he's not the perfect Batman for me. I dont think anybody will be the perfect Batman. Maybe some great actor who's previously not that famous so you can associate him only with the role of Batman.

When I was talking about the original Batman I was talking about the ORIGINAL Batman, with other words Bob Kane's Batman. I haven't read any, but apparently, he was quite violent, gritty and generally more adult in those days.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman#Early_years
And I might have been going ahead of myself and used harsher words than necessary, the original Batman might have used lights, since I havent read it. And of course, any Batman could use lights. But the kind of Batman I like, don't use lights. He's doesn't see darkness as a nuisance or are afraid of the darkness, he's the thing you should be afraid of in the darkness. :)

on the light thing, i guess we will agree to disagree..:p
but at least its nice to come across someone who cares as much about the accuracy of stuff as i do. I do love the comics too, return of the dark knight (frank miller) was one of my favourites, along with The Loeb and Tim Sale series, Dark victory, etc. My favourite atist is however, by far, Jim Lee. And yes, Bruce Timm and Kevin Conroy are from the cartoon, i grew up watching that, and now ive got the first two seasons on dvd, which i watch on repeat quite alot...:crazy: i would really suggest looking for the dvds, they really are worth the price...

His light was always digustingly yellow though.. :green:

Crenshaw