Noob saying hello!!

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Hi everyone!!!

I have been a member here for a while but honestly haven't spent much time.. long time lurker if you will. In all honesty, I find many of the threads here overwhelming... like some of you are speaking a foreign language or something.:mecry: But thats all part of the learning process. I look forward to my new flashlight hobby:twothumbs

Just wanting to say hello and show my small collection of budget lights.:twothumbs:twothumbs

dscn9683fs0.jpg

dscn9684tp6.jpg

Thanks!!

Gunner12

Flashaholic
:welcome:

For brighter budget lights, look at Dealextreme in the Cree, Seoul or Rebel section. Just look at the ones getting good reviews. But shipping does take a month or so. How's this one or this one for a start?

If you still have that maglite 4D unmodded, a Malkoffdevices drop-in or
a terralux drop-in would work.

The newer Cree XR-E P4-R2 bin, Seoul P4 U bin, Luxeon Rebel 100, and K2 160-200 bin LEDs are twice as efficient as the Luxeon I, III, V and K2 LEDs. So for the same power, the newer LEDs will put out twice or more light then the older LEDs.

The Welcome Mat might give you a jump start.

rtt

Enlightened
:welcome: I don't think there is such a thing as a "budget" collection of flashlights. Nice collection.

iSleep

Newly Enlightened
Erm ... Are you THE Kramer from Head-Fi ?

Nice to see you here ~ :welcome:

Slippery slope this is ... just as addictive as cans ... :grado:

Cydonia

Enlightened
Welcome to the madhouse! Now you're one of us... We are the people our parents warned us about :crackup:

What?! Did someone mention head-fi forums?! :D I hemorrhaged thousands in that place... managed to get out alive and quit those forums cold turkey :sweat:

jefflrrp

Newly Enlightened
:welcome: Yea. I'm a recently joined member myself. Less than two and a half months. And in that time, I've bought 3 Maglite upgrades, a Surefire 6PL, a couple of beater lights, and a Surefire G3. Plus, my wallet has run away twice.

GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN :aaa:
Seriously though this is a great place.