review?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
They won't arrive in time for Christmas if you buy them now. Quality is probably average.

How much are you willing to spend?

MrEarp

Newly Enlightened
Looking to spend about 30.00 each.. Prefer AAA style..

I've got a coast that is about the size of a 6p that uses AAA but I dont want to spend 50 on each of them.. I'll go broke!

Gunner12

Flashaholic
IMO 3 AAA is one of the worst ways to drive a high power LED. It dims quickly and most are unregulated.

You do know DX won't get the products to you in time.

What output are you looking for?

Do you already have the 6P?

If yes, you could probably buy a few LED drop-ins.

SEMIJim

Enlightened
Has anyone bought one of these?

I'm looking for a christmas present for a few guys on the sar team..

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5379
Kinda late in the game to be trying to get something from China to here in the U.S. (I assume) in time for Christmas. I think it highly unlikely. Secondly: I would think "guys on the SAR team" would have little use for anything other than a reliable product and, sorry to say it, but you are not going to achieve the height of reliability with a $17 light. I like my $17 UltraFire C3 CREE (purchased from DX) well enough, but it is not the light I'd take with me if robustness and reliabilty were the order of the day.

Suggest instead you tell us what you're looking for in the way of a light and what your budget is, and solicit suggestions. In any event: I think you're going to have to stick with one of the state-side dealers--and, even then, it's likely going to be close unless you're willing to pay for expen$ive shipping.

I just ordered two LM31's from BatteryJunction. Even though they shipped same-day (Thanks, Jeff!), and I paid extra for UPS 3-Day Select shipping, they'll not arrive until Wednesday. (Assuming the storm marching across the midwest, headed east, doesn't raise havoc with shipping.)

Good Luck,
Jim

Jim