Is there a clicky for the SF 6P LED?

SafetyBob

Enlightened
I got one of the Surefire 6P LED at Lowes around Thanksgiving time and while I can deal with twisting to turn on the light, I sure am getting tired of the fact at all the "cheap" Fenix lights all have clicky switches on the tailcap, how come Surefire didn't put them on theirs?

Do all the SF clickies fit all the SF flashlights? Can I just purchase the guts and install it in the existing tailcap?

I really like my little Surefire, please tell me what I need to make it a really convienent flashlight to use.

Thanks all,

Bob E.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Yes there is, it is the one that now comes on the 6PD. SF clickys are usually either E series compatible or C series compatible. Go to Sf's website and pick the light you want and scroll down to see all the parts that will go with it! That should tell you the correct part # or name. Also you can buy the correct guts from lighthound, it's easier to just call them and ask about it.

dougie

Enlightened
Bob,

The twisty tail caps on Surefire lights are a legacy from when most of their lights were simple incandescents. Twisty tail caps = reliability and most LEO's and military customers wanted (still do) reliability in their gear rather than potentially unreliable click switches.

Surefire have over the past few years introduced more and more options for their customers including clickies and have succeeded in making them generally very reliable. As most LEO's and military types believe in the mantra 'two is one and one is none' they usually carry two lights on them at all times to accommodate the possibility of electrical or mechanical failure at critical moments.

If you really do need a clickie rather than your existing twisty then a quick look through the on-line Surefire catalogue will provide you with the part number you need to obtain a new switch for your light.

Doug

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had Your problem when I changed my 6P to led, and decided to get the klicky tailcap.

Imho the cost of MORE than a complete Fenix is not worth doing so, I just did it, because there is no other light of this quality that can be run with an 18650 li-ion (I have the body widened to accomodate one).

There are also Leef-Body clickies that fit the 6P, if You are lucky lighthound has some available. Cheaper than the original

BBL

Enlightened
Bob,
Surefire have over the past few years introduced more and more options for their customers including clickies and have succeeded in making them generally very reliable.
When did that happen? I own a signle Z57 switch, which i had to replace twice since 2006.

Mercaptan

Enlightened

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
while I also have one of these :rolleyes: it is useless in reality, or not?

Because the size of such a light means EDC, means to pocket it ...
and all those unnecessary edges of scalloped tail/front kills ones pockets, sticks when one sits down, makes it more difficult to get the light out, ..., is a pita

this was/is one of the most dumb "inventions" of last time, imho
(and its getting real hard to find sleek, elegant lights)

Mercaptan

Enlightened
while I also have one of these :rolleyes: it is useless in reality, or not?

Because the size of such a light means EDC, means to pocket it ...
and all those unnecessary edges of scalloped tail/front kills ones pockets, sticks when one sits down, makes it more difficult to get the light out, ..., is a pita

this was/is one of the most dumb "inventions" of last time, imho
(and its getting real hard to find sleek, elegant lights)

I don't pocket lights... I holster 'em. Makes no difference to me if the edges are scalloped or not. I have more than enough other things to put in pockets, knives... keys, phones... etc.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a few reverse clicky black Nextorch tailcaps that worked well on my G2/6P. I've reverted back to the stock twisty switches for uniformity. They work well if you don't need a forward clicky.