I need battery advice....please

SAVAGESAM

Newly Enlightened
I own a SF G-3 that I'm waiting for a BOG CREE Q5 emitter (should be here tomorrow) to arrive. I was wondering if I can switch to rechargeables and still get the brightness and shelf life? Also, If I can use rechargeables is there a one cell conversion in place of the three I need now? Or is that a bad idea? TIA

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
yupps, two 17500.
Voltage is fine with that data shown in the link to that insert

PS: get "protected" cells

Gunner12

Flashaholic
:oops:

Wasn't thinking correctly.

Yes, get protected batteries. Those will prevent you from over-charging and over-discharging the batteries.

SAVAGESAM

Newly Enlightened
So two 17500 "protected" cells WILL be fine/safe for my G3 with the BOG Q5 emitter? Will it void my BOG warranty?

SAVAGESAM

Newly Enlightened
Found them at lighthound. I wonder if they make a/one rechargeable cell that takes the place of three?

dano101

Enlightened
i run 2 X 17500 configurations in a couple of my lights and ive never heard of a 1 cell battery that will take the place of 3 CR123's. most times however i use the 2 X 17500's because of incan issues, whereas your standard drop in LED can handle much lower voltage and still run great...

Please tell me if you find anything... because most ive ever seen that work well will only take the place of 2 cr123's, such as the 17670 running a drop in led

SAVAGESAM

Newly Enlightened
i run 2 X 17500 configurations in a couple of my lights and ive never heard of a 1 cell battery that will take the place of 3 CR123's. most times however i use the 2 X 17500's because of incan issues, whereas your standard drop in LED can handle much lower voltage and still run great...

Please tell me if you find anything... because most ive ever seen that work well will only take the place of 2 cr123's, such as the 17670 running a drop in led
I'm not worried about under volting it, i'm definately worried about over volting it though

SAVAGESAM

Newly Enlightened

Do you get the same output as the throw aways? What about run times?

dano101

Enlightened
well yes and no... take for instance my Surefire M3T. I run 2 17500's in it but use a Lumensfactory bulb. I actually find it brighter and longer lasting than the stock high output lamp and CR123's. but thats an incan lamp.

SAVAGESAM

Newly Enlightened
ALLLLLLLLLLLrighty then! I have my BOG Q5 emitter installed and so far I'm underimpressed. I don't know if I expected too much from reading all the replies here, but my buddy didn't seem impressed either and he doesn't come here, so he wasn't influenced by it. I do like that it had a nice round spot where my incan. was more football shaped. I just expected it to be brighter. I hope the battery life will make up for my disappointment. I want to see a comparison of the BOG Q5 to the lumens factory D26? I think it's D26??? Anyway it's supposed to be 380 lumens. Bottom line, would i do it again, as of now, no. If battery life is MUCH more than incan. maybe yes.