E2D LED Upgrade?

mspyderl

Newly Enlightened
I need some help. I currently have a SF E2D flashlight on a vital gear body. It's running on the MN03 incan bulb but I want to upgrade it to use a stronger and brighter LED.

I know it's a stretch but I'm hoping the Fenix P3D head will thread onto my vital gear body. Can anyone tell me if it fits or if it would work at all? If it fits onto the E2 body then it should fit the Vital Gear body as well. I think the Fenix P3D model has some electronics in the tail cap but I really just want it for the turbo mode.

Or would it be possible to pull the P3D head assembly and put it into the E2D head? My prediction is that it probably won't fit.

Or if someone could tell me if the Vital Gear tail clip is able to screw into the holes I see in the tail cap of the P3D.

Or does anyone have any other suggestions of an LED upgrade? I prefer some kind of drop in mod as I'm attached to its form factor (it looks very aggressive). I just wish the P60 LED module would fit into my E2D head... or can it if I sand the reflector down?

mspyderl

Newly Enlightened
Oh thats so cool!!! Except I forgot to mention that I wanted a throw light. But thanks for the suggestion! I've never heard of the micro towers til now. i actually havent been on this forum in over a year.

My flashlight is an EDC but I carry it primarily for "defensive" reasons to shine in a would be assailants eyes so an intense hotspot is what I'm lookin for, so preferably something hotter than the current MN03 lamp.