• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FOUND: LED Tower Module for M3T

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking for a Tower Module for a Surefire M3T. Please let me know what you have and for how much $$.

Thanks! :)

-Jim

Last edited:

donn_

Flashaholic
This is an interesting combination; a LED tower in a turbo head. I have one in a KT1, and it's got a really nice beam. I wonder, however, if it is properly placed to maximize the reflector. Mine sits approximately 1/4-5/16" proud of the bottom of the reflector.

Should it be lower in the reflector?

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is an interesting combination; a LED tower in a turbo head. I have one in a KT1, and it's got a really nice beam. I wonder, however, if it is properly placed to maximize the reflector. Mine sits approximately 1/4-5/16" proud of the bottom of the reflector.

Should it be lower in the reflector?

I'd compare the stock incan tower vs. the LED tower to see if the tip of the filament lines up with the phosphorous of the LED. Perhaps there is a more exact way of comparing? Anyone want to jump in?:thinking::shrug:

I remember reading that LuxV towers were different in height vs. the Seoul towers due to geometry (?) differing between the two emitters... Here's a thread from AW's sales thread for bare tower module kits; he's selling two different towers for Luxeon vs. Seoul: http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=141994&highlight=tower

donn_

Flashaholic
Thanks for the link. It includes this pic of a P4 mounted:

PICT0022-2.jpg

That looks pretty close to the height of mine.

I just bought a 3" turbo head which appears to be a bit deeper. I'll have to see how it does in the larger/deeper reflector.

Latest posts